Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd April 2009
BS.Player Newbie

jefknight is on a distinguished road
Default 5.1 Audio Device Selection - Important

Hey,

I stumbled upon BSPlayer Pro while searching for an app that can play 5.1 audio files.

This is needed for several reasons, one of which is that here, in my recording studio, I have been getting requests to create 5.1 surround mixes that are music only - No Video.

So I need an app that will not only play the 5.1 files - and here's the kicker - it has to be able to us my pro-audio I/O units for output.

What I'm asking here is, "does BSPlayer Pro allow the user to select the individual outputs of devices such as RME, Focusrite and M-Audio, all of which I'm using here?".

See, I need to be able to assign, say, the Front L-R to outputs #1`-2, the Center Channel to output #3, Rear L-R to outputs #4-5....you get the idea. Non-matrixed, individual mono channel output channel assignrments.

So, Can BSPlayer Do This?

Cheers

jef k

Tags
assign, audio, device, important, selection, surround