Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Ray White is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Zoom Player & BS Player Conflict

Zoom Player and BS Player don't coexist very well for some reason. I had two issues in this area.

1: I uninstalled the old BS Player and installed the new one, it's great, but the file associations weren't working in my explorer replacement program 2xexplorer. (great program, very stable. This hasn't happned before. http://www.netez.com/2xExplorer) I guess the new bs player uses a different technique to associate files. I found out that bs player was associating the media files with zoom player. I'd go into zoom player turn off all associations, and zoom player would still come up. Loaded up windows media and associated files with it, then the files came up in windows media player. Then I load Up BS Player and BS player would reassociate the files with zoom player somehow.)

2: After installing BS Player it worked great except for association issue above. So I uninstalled zoom player. When I found out that the association issue was only with one program (2x explorer) I reinstalled zoom player, then suddenly bs player would not play movies correctly with the ffdshow codec (would get blank screen or green lines). So I uninstalled bs player and reinstalled it again. Now everything seems to be working including the associations in 2x explorer.

Tags
conflict, player, zoom