Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/)
-   -   Subtitle Bugs in 803 (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/3338-subtitle-bugs-803-a.html)

r_hawke 1st December 2003 02:30 PM

Subtitle Bugs in 803

When checking "Subtitles disabled" Player crashes when opening an OGM containing Subtitle.

BSPlayer v1.00.803, Unhandled exception at EIP: 00495C05
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
Access violation at address 00495C05 in module 'bsplay.exe'. Write of address 00000010
EAccessViolation
, 0x004E746F, 0x004E766D, 0x00453527, 0x0044A872, 0x77E02CA8, 0x77E052E6, 0x77E06487, 0x717521F0, 0x7175276F, 0x71752574, 0x7172C11B, 0x7175276F, 0x71752643, 0x77E02CA8, 0x77E02DC5, 0x77E0577D, 0x004E8584, 0x77E787F5

- Possibility to check "Dont' show Subtitle by default"

- Remove subtitle from Screen if Show subtitle is turned off (it always stays until i toggle full-screen)

- DoubleClick for Full-Screen toggle (used to work in 0.85) I can't assign it manually, BsPlayer recognizes DblClick as Left-Klick + Wheelclick

KHysiek 3rd December 2003 10:41 PM

I add from myself to list that since 1.0 BSPlayer is ignoring "Max subtitles display time" setting

r_hawke 4th December 2003 12:49 PM

Bug 2:

French subtitles do not work either. All ?•, ?© and Ä? are simply left out!

With VobSub it is actually no problem.

Robert

Drizzt 4th December 2003 08:40 PM

I have a matroska file with hungarian sub and if I enable subtitles instead of the national characters like ű,?©,ő (hope you can see it :) ) bsplayer displays the two byte unicode characters (for example instead of erős sg like ern??s). If I turn off subtitles bsPlayer crashes...

r_hawke 5th December 2003 02:54 PM

yeah, matroska files are treated correctly because they can contain unicode whereas OGM doesn't

but i thought that the french letters ?© Ä? ?• are still ANSI(0), which also should work. At least they work with VobSub as said before.

HackerWerger 6th December 2003 12:59 AM

The italics don't load correctly in .sub/.srt subtitle files..
Stupid bug.. :evil:

BSPeter 6th December 2003 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_hawke

No, they do work and they aren't left out!
Quote:

but i thought that the french letters ?© Ä? ?• are still ANSI(0), which also should work.

Yes, you're right and they do work!

Same old "problem" probably as with BSPlayer's previous version. Have a look here (2nd item).
:wink:

HackerWerger 6th December 2003 02:00 PM

More bugs!! :evil:
StartTime=X doesn't work in ini files of BSplayer v1.0 803.. :cry:

masa 6th December 2003 07:47 PM

My BsPlayers subtitles dont work with .srt files. With .sub files it works. It worked before but not anymore. I have installed player again but it dont work. I downloaded wobsub but it didnt help. So what can I do?

masa 6th December 2003 10:51 PM

Correction to previous:
.sub files dont work either. Only in one film that I have subtitles work but not in any other film. Wether its .srt or .sub file.

masa 6th December 2003 10:53 PM

Correction to previous:
.sub files dont work either. Only in one film that I have subtitles work but not in any other film. Wether its .srt or .sub file.

BSPeter 7th December 2003 01:48 AM

@masa
Perhaps your subtitles are placed "off screen".
Try setting of subtitles position to "auto" (and e.g. change color)
Any result?
If not, check setting of "Subtitles disabled" (under "Options"/"Preferences"/"Subtitles") and setting of "Draw subtitles to Overlay surface" under "Options"/"Preferences"/"Video" and (also under "Video") perhaps try a different setting of overlay mode (mode 1 or no overlay).

muttley 7th December 2003 05:12 PM

latest build DON'T REMEMBER SUBTITLE POSITION

why is that?
when i manually set where the subtitle will apper (-50 my favourite), it completely ignores it next time i load the movie

BSPeter 7th December 2003 06:20 PM

Is the box "Remember movie settings" under "Options"/"Preferences"/"General" checked (=selected) in your installation?

muttley 8th December 2003 03:03 AM

yep it is checked

that option is checked and the subtitle still appears in default position, not the customed one.
and another thing - if the movie was played in fullscreen (and the player remembers the settings) for a 16:9 movie the next time will be 'streched' all over the screen and u have to get out of fullscreen and back in to get it fixed

masa 8th December 2003 11:19 PM

Okay. If I use overlay 1 (preferences/video) and movie is dvdrip (all my movies are .avi files) subs are shown normally and the picture is fitted automaticly to my tv screen and I can browse net at my pc screen while movie is played at tv. If overlay 1 and movie other than dvdrip subs are this black and white dots. Their fuzzy. U cant read them. If I use other overlay than overlay 1 or dont use overlay at all (pref/video) subs are shown normally but picture isnt fitted to my tv screen. Meaning that I cant browse net or something else at the same time.

Movies that arent dvdrips and was working normally before dont work anymore. I just cant understand why. I didnt make any changes to anything but they just dont work anymore!!?? :cry:

masa 8th December 2003 11:20 PM

Allmost forgot. I did try U'r hints but non of them workd...

masa 9th December 2003 03:43 AM

now I lookd a film that wasnt dvdrip but subs was dvdrip and it work normally????

Laurent 20th December 2003 09:25 AM

Subdelay defined in .ini files doesn't work (works if defined manually during movie playing).

Regards.

dkong 14th January 2004 06:55 PM

Since I have experienced the same �loss of subtitle position problem’ as some of you appear to have I tried some things to circumvent this problem. Unsuccessful I might ad but I found a few things to narrow down the problem, first it only seems to appear with negative subtitle position numbers. (These are especially handy when you watch widescreen movies and want to keep the subtitles underneath the actual picture). In a 4:3 movie the subtitles have to appear in the video (position >= 0) and then there’s no problem. I can put them easily I the right position using shift-up/down keys and they stay there right where they’re suppose to be. However when the position is less then zero this setting is lost when the movie is restarted. Setting the �remember movie settings’ option makes no difference. When the position is above zero then these settings are remember. Bsplayer does not seem to permit me to put the subs above the movie. The autosetting for subtitles is remember and in a widescreen movie the position is below zero. But it’s either too far down (which makes it partially outside the screen on tv’s) or a line is half in and half below the movie which is annoying to watch. Using a ini does not help me since the SubPos options is specified like this: �SubPos is subtitle position, if it's <=0 or not defined then subtitles will be positioned automatically’. This is might be a related problem/feature. There’s probably a pragmatic reason for this limitation but I would greatly appreciate it if this would be done differently in future releases. I use RC1 build 803 with the ffdshow filter, without any vobsub program. The previous release I used (0.86.499) did not have this problem but is missing some nice features, so going back is not a good option. The rest of the (new) program work very well for me, thanks for that. Now that’s said there’s always the possibility that I overlooked something so if anybody has a solution or usable workaround it would be greatly appreciated.

TheHappyOne 15th January 2004 10:00 AM

it showed the subtitle until the half of movie, then nothing...
I had to watch the rest of the movie with mediaplayer and divxg400.

vortex 16th January 2004 01:28 AM

OGM with external .srt subtitles (the 00:00:37,060 --> 00:00:40,052 format) crashes with
Code:

BSPlayer v1.00.803, Unhandled exception at EIP: 004E0F5B
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
Access violation at address 004E0F5B in module 'bsplay.exe'. Read of address 00000010
EAccessViolation
, 0x004E746F, 0x004E766D, 0x00453527, 0x0044A872, 0x77E3A2D0, 0x77E16B21, 0x77E25010, 0x77B56DA8, 0x77B56CC7, 0x77B56D86, 0x77B83051, 0x77B56CC7, 0x77B56BE7, 0x77E3A2D0, 0x77E145E5, 0x77E15B51, 0x004E8584, 0x7C5987E7

Bytes at EIP: 83 78 10 00 0F 8E CC 00 00 00 8B C3 E8 E0 D5 FF FF B2

no matter what the subtitles settings say (tried "disable" and "auto load in current directory") when trying to auto load subtitles. The subtitles are not shown until loaded manually again.

Works fine when loading subtitles manually afterwards.
Works fine with AVI.
Works fine in conjunction with DirectVobSub (but I don't like using it because it flips the picture initially, for some obscure reason).

Side effects:
- OGM chapters are not shown in BSPlayer when this occurs (though they are present in the OggDS menu)
- the movie window doesn't appear at first, have to switch to fullscreen and back
- the movie window becomes zoomed to the fullscreen size, not the original movie size after doing this for the first time

Supposedly the previous release didn't have this problem (will tell more when I try it out)

vortex 16th January 2004 08:09 PM

0.86.500 works.

buster 17th January 2004 01:14 AM

Raw sub data displayed

http://s90114153.onlinehome.us/subs.jpg

As you can see, raw data is being displayed, instead of the actual sub content (in this case, just the word "Luna"). This is with Matroska files only. I downloaded the "Tokyo Mew Mew" test from http://matroska.free.fr/samples/ and get the same result.

Subs display properly in zoom and in media player classic.

Love your player and would like to use it for everything. Using build 803.

Machamac 17th January 2004 10:03 PM

Another Bug with Subtitles.
The Version 1 does not support srt files containing subtitle with 3 lines while with sub files, it works just fine; :evil:

jang0 18th January 2004 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
Quote:

No, they do work and they aren't left out!
Quote:

but i thought that the french letters ?© Ä? ?• are still ANSI(0), which also should work.

Yes, you're right and they do work!

Same old "problem" probably as with BSPlayer's previous version. Have a look here (2nd item).

No, they don't work!

See:

http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=3733 (Second Item)
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=3770

It can't be solved by changing character script

Please take the users who make bug reports and thus contribute to the development, more serious.

BSPeter 19th January 2004 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machamac
Another Bug with Subtitles.
The Version 1 does not support srt files containing subtitle with 3 lines while with sub files, it works just fine; :evil:

Are you sure you're BSPlayer's native features to display subtitles or do you have VobSub or something similar installed?

cancel 20th January 2004 10:23 AM

font size

hi .. i had an problem while watching movie and after some time subtitles disapeared and did not come back again. I found that this happens when long subtitle came(iow more lines). I found workaround that i decreased font size and restart player and then also long subtitles worked fine. it happened with srt files, i did not tested with other but seems to be general.

thanks

cancel

?–zt??rker 25th January 2004 09:50 PM

3 lines

Quote:

Originally Posted by cancel
hi .. i had an problem while watching movie and after some time subtitles disapeared and did not come back again. I found that this happens when long subtitle came(iow more lines). I found workaround that i decreased font size and restart player and then also long subtitles worked fine. it happened with srt files, i did not tested with other but seems to be general.

thanks

cancel

i tested it with sub files and also i have the same problem. When the subtitle is more than 2 lines it disappears anad never comes back until you restart BSPlayer.

i really liked v1.00 803 but this problem should solved.
please help
thanks

BSPeter 26th January 2004 12:15 AM

Re: 3 lines

Quote:

Originally Posted by ?–zt??rker
I tested it with sub files and also i have the same problem. When the subtitle is more than 2 lines it disappears and never comes back until you restart BSPlayer.

Are you sure you're using BSPlayers native feature of being able to display subtitles, or do you perhaps also have e.g. VobSub installed (which also handles the subtitles)? (E.g. check if there is some kind of a green arrow in your system tray).

?–zt??rker 26th January 2004 02:37 PM

Re: 3 lines

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
Quote:

Originally Posted by ?–zt??rker
I tested it with sub files and also i have the same problem. When the subtitle is more than 2 lines it disappears and never comes back until you restart BSPlayer.

Are you sure you're using BSPlayers native feature of being able to display subtitles, or do you perhaps also have e.g. VobSub installed (which also handles the subtitles)? (E.g. check if there is some kind of a green arrow in your system tray).

VobSub is not installed. there is no green arrow int the tray. but still i've got problem with 3 lined subs. Please help
thanks

?–zt??rker 26th January 2004 03:32 PM

3 lines

also i realized that it happens when the
auto resize font if line is too long
check box is checked. Please solve this bug