Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th October 2003
BS.Player Power User

HackerWerger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Real and QuickTime support...

It would be very nice if BSplayer 1.xx could play real and quicktime files. :)
This can be possible by using the real and quicktime alternatives.
I don't know for sure if that is illegal but I know that classic media player can play these formats. :twisted:
Old 21st October 2003
BS.Player Newbie

goatsan is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the actual codecs of real player and quicktime, and you can install the dll files. then 1 or 2 players will play those types, i was wondering if there was a way i could get bs player to work. possibly if i put the dll files in filter or plugin folders possibly? when i tried it didn't work, anyone get it to work that way?
Old 21st October 2003
BS.player Regular User

Smarties is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Get the codecs!

Being able to play a certain type of movies has nothing to do with the player but rather with having an appropriate CODEC for it.
Real and QuickTime are both proprietary codecs, meaning that they are designed in such a way you can only use them
with their own players (which suck).

However there's light at the end of the tunnel:
Go to http://www.kazaalite.tk and follow the links to "Quicktime Alternative" and "Real Alternative".
You will be able to download hacked (and probably illegal) codecs that allow you to play Quicktime and Real files
with any other player (including BSPlayer).

Cheers,
Smarties
Old 21st October 2003
BS.Player Power User

bond is an unknown quantity at this point

realvideo can be played back in bsplayer with gabest's realmedia splitter filter

quicktime can be played back with 3ivx i think
Old 23rd October 2003
BS.Player Power User

HackerWerger is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarties
Being able to play a certain type of movies has nothing to do with the player but rather with having an appropriate CODEC for it.
Nope.. That is wrong my friend!
BSplayer can't play well (and many times at all :( ) real and quicktime formats because it can't use the overlay mixer renderer approprietly.
There is no official support for these formats, so the playback is choppy if the video file can be opened of course. :evil:
Check this out to see what I am talking about.
Old 23rd October 2003
BS.player Regular User

Halle is an unknown quantity at this point

afaik, there are a few different "quicktime" formats out there.. the old ones with cinepak compression should play with virtually any player, as windows already includes an appropriate codec. then there are newer ones with compression technology by sorenson, which can't be played back by most players, except those with special quicktime handling (i.e. MPC or the crappy Craptime player itself).
furthermore, there are some mjpeg compressed quicktime movies (many digital cameras use this format), which can be played back with most players when you have an mjpeg codec installed.
BSplayer can play the old cinepak files and the mjpeg files (if codec installed), however, some files may look greasy. (you might want to try overlay mode 2 in this case)

just my 2 cent ;)

PS. 'native' QuickTime support in BSplayer 1.0 would be really really great! :)

Tags
quicktime, real, support