Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26th March 2006
BS.Player Newbie

dannyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please donn't let this software become Bloat.

Keep up the great work this is nice product and have used it for a while now. Please don't let it become bloatware, the main disease of all software these days :( . When you add the features with future releases please make them 'options' in installation , thanks. :) Will buy the new version when it comes out in a few weeks but may still use the older version 'cause I hate Bloat! :lol:
Old 27th March 2006
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please donn't let this software become Bloat.

Maybe it is possible to create a core + plugins, like Winamp? So that the possibly unstable TV Tuner, useless subtitle editor and promised DVD menu functions can be removed easily, if not needed.
Old 27th March 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

It is already possible to add plugins to BSplayer (even if the developing community is really poor here in respect to the Winamp one, and the support to plugins is only for few things..).

If you think that TV tuner function is unstable and the subtitle editor useless you can simply not use them. There are no problems at all if you have both of these in the Pro version and you dan't use them.
Old 27th March 2006
BS.Player Newbie

One thing I can't stand with software is when it installs zillions of horrible files to your registry (ruins your system) that you never intend to use. That is vandalism and should be illegal, and why I say install options.
Old 27th March 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

If you buy a Mercedes, do you buy only the wheels, because you don't like the rest ? Then you get windows from Volvo, the steering wheel from a FIAT and so ? BSPlayer Pro is as it's. Why do you want to mutilate it ?
Old 27th March 2006
BS.Player Power User

Because I noticed how long it takes to start the new v1.39. If I simply "not use" the extra modules, they will still get loaded. Look at Foobar2000, for example: The core is 160 kB, you add only the i/o formats and DSP/GUI you need. The BSPlayer v1.36 executable doesn't decode anything by itself, but is 3 MB long already (uncompressed).

I fear that the new features will bloat the program to an unacceptable level – much like a codec pack. I could say: Install all the codec packs available and just lower the merits of unneeded filters.

If I buy a computer, I don't choose Dell, because the name means nothing to me. I might like a Dell monitor because it's Sony aperture grille, NEC or Plextor burner, Seagate harddisk, etc. I have 3 HDDs (~698 GB), others might call me an idiot and rather invest money in a videoadapter for video games. This is their choice.
Old 27th March 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
If you buy a Mercedes, do you buy only the wheels, because you don't like the rest ? Then you get windows from Volvo, the steering wheel from a FIAT and so ? BSPlayer Pro is as it's. Why do you want to mutilate it ?
I think that is an unfair comparison, adicoto :D .
BSplayer is a success because people hate the media player 'junk' that goes with it. If the makers get 'feature obsessed' in the future it will die, and with good reason.
Old 27th March 2006
BS.Player Master

A good car must have at least wheels (DVD support), windows (capture suport) and steering wheel (subtitles editor).
Old 27th March 2006
BS.Player Power User

Oupss. I thought all the time that subtitle editor was the windows. :P
Old 27th March 2006
BS.Player Master

Sorry to dissapoint you. :)
I hope ypu fell better now that you have found out. :)
Old 7th April 2006
BS.Player Power User

Examples where modular design is useful:

Foobar2000 used to include an access module for DirectX-based MIDI synthesizer emulators. It was unstable, required alot of memory and crashed on Win98. Seeing this behavior one might say that Foobar is crap, while it is the exact opposite. After the removal of this malfunctioning component the application works again.

Vorbis libraries also require memory. If you don't use Vorbis encoding, you can make Fb2k start faster.

Tags
bloat, donnt, software