Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th July 2002
Mike
BS.Guest

Default Change Resolution on Start

I have a Intel 82815 Graphic Card (internal) and i cant view any video (avi, divx, mpg) cuz its saids Overload Fails, switching to RGB.

Like i didnt know how to play it with bsplayer (wmedia7 plays it well) it put the On Start change Resolution, its work really fine, but i cant put the right Refresh like 85Hz like i want, it always switch to 60hz.

Well in a need of help, im waiting...

Mike

pd. switching back to 1152x864 works fine.
Old 12th July 2002
BS.Player Power User

xlv600 is an unknown quantity at this point

:? I agree, this feature doesn't work properly. But I think it depends on what key BSPlay is looking for in the registry. Maybe it can be tweaked this way. I'll tell you if I find it coz in some high resolution I can get 75Hz, some time 60Hz. There are too much location in the registry were to set up the refresh rate I've not found the right one. I've to remind to test it on a clean registry one a new install.

Did you notice that by changing the resolution you loose the task bar !?!

:D Nevertheless, thanks a lot, I didn't know that forcing resolution was a way to make mode1 work. It's VERY interesting, as some feratures only work in this mode, I mean video stats [Alt+3] or Snapshot [P].

I've just tested forcing resolution and verified, with [Alt+3], that BSPlayer uses "YUY2 DR-overlay". It's the case, it really stays in mode1. In mode 2 I can't verify. Without overlay, [Alt+3] tells "YUY2 DR" too, and forcing RGB tells..."Unknown file format (DIVX)" :oops: It was due to some checks in my DivX5.02 decoder setup.
But anyway my Radeon VE can't play neither in RGB mode, nor in RGB overlay. With DivX5.02, I've a black screen, with DivX3.11 I get funny pink and green colors. (With or without vobsub)... And I don't care as it's not the more efficiant :lol:[/u]
Old 19th July 2002
BS.Player Newbie

iive is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Maybe ...

Hi Mike,
If you know what mode bsplayer uses, then you may make it your desktop mode (e.g. 640x480) and set refrash rates to the desktop, then restore your original destop resolution. Whis way there is a great probability Windows to use the tunned mode. Note that you should do it with in all bit depths (8,16,24,32 bpp ), as it may switch to each one of them.
If this doesn't help, you may try to find directx.cpl that comes with DirectX8 SDK, and it could tune refresh rates for the Direct Draw modes (and DirectShow is part of DirectX). It adds one more icon in the control panel.
btw, your solutions proofs my theory about how the bug is trigered. It you get the ovrtest.exe from bsplayer download page, and run it, i am 100% sure that all windows sizes that are smaller than the original window will fail (shrinking). You may have noticed that bsplayer makes a small window when it start and then enlarge it to the normal. Read my post at ..., somewhere here.

Tags
change, resolution, start