Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19th February 2004
Greek_Friend
BS.Guest

Default MSVCP70.dll Problem...

Hi,

everytime I try to load a movie I get a popup in title ActiveMovie Window: bsplay.exe - Unable to locate Component saying that:

This application has failed to start because MSVCP70.dll was not found. Re-install the application may fix this problem

I did reinstalled but still the same problem. Any idea ???

Thanks in advance :)
Old 19th February 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Seems it requires a Microsoft Visual C++ component.
What are your Windows and Direct X versions?
Already tried a Windows search for this .dll?
Anyone else who can help on this?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 20th February 2004
BS.Player Power User

xlv600 is an unknown quantity at this point

When using Dependency walker (freeware from MS SDK) I could see that MSVCP60.DLL appeared in the tree of BSPlayer.exe depencies. But even after having removed every msvcp*.dll out of my system, BSPlayer could play every movie even fully featured with BSI files, DFX winamp plugin, vobsub 2.23, chapters, divx5.11p, ogm, mkv, mpg, RM, RV9, RA8, everything works without those msvcp*.dll. I can't tell about XviD because I don't need it with DivX5 installed.
On my computer, BSPlayer.exe relies on kernel32.dll and user32.dll, bsrendv2.dll is not mentionned but should come from registry settings. How kernel32 and user32 relies on other DLL depends on what has been installed in your computer and what services are running.
Here, the dependency with msvcp was:
Code:
BSPlayer>user32>advapi32>secur32>netapi32>dnsapi>iphlpapi>mprapi>setupapi>shell32>oleacc>msvcp60 and 
BSRendV2>advapi32>secur32>netapi32>dnsapi>iphlpapi>mprapi>setupapi>shell32>oleacc>msvcp60
I don't know what function loaded by your movie would need this DLL. I bet that an other player would give you the same behaviour. What ever the reason of your issue, it doesn't hurt to put the needed DLL in your system32 directory. A search with google would give you this one: Build 9064, for instance. 8)
Old 24th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Greek_Friend is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Seems it requires a Microsoft Visual C++ component.
What are your Windows and Direct X versions?
Already tried a Windows search for this .dll?
Anyone else who can help on this?
BSPeter,

I have found this dll into the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\VS Runtime.
I also copy it at the system32 directory but still the problem exists. I run WinXP PRO SP1 with DirectX 9.0b
Old 24th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

OK guys, I found it
The problem is made because of the latest version of the FF DShow (2004-01-13). When I install the older version (23.05.03) everything works fine.
Old 25th February 2004
BS.Player Power User

Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure but |I would say you need to register the dll
start->run
regsvr32 msvcp70.dll

OR again I'm not sure (didn't check that) but I believe this dll is part of the .net framework... you could install the .net framework [ok that's a several MB download for just 1 dll in your case ;)]

--- edit: comment this out, I was not aware a new ffdshow was released this year ---
I would stick with the latest ffdshow version, I had trouble with previous ones (with movies encoded with latest xivds...)
--- ---
Old 28th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietseb
I'm not sure but |I would say you need to register the dll
start->run
regsvr32 msvcp70.dll

OR again I'm not sure (didn't check that) but I believe this dll is part of the .net framework... you could install the .net framework [ok that's a several MB download for just 1 dll in your case ;)]

--- edit: comment this out, I was not aware a new ffdshow was released this year ---
I would stick with the latest ffdshow version, I had trouble with previous ones (with movies encoded with latest xivds...)
--- ---
Quietseb,
I did register the .dll before but it didn t resolve the problem. Also I have installes the .net framework but neither this helped. The problem was conflict with the newest version of the ffdshow.

Tags
msvcp70dll