Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th May 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Anyway sgc you are actually using DivX codec to decode the video, but the version used is the best one (IMHO)
It the very same version as I (continued to) use.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th May 2007
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

No, it's not the best if he encodes in XviD with some advanced profile and let DivX decode it. As a suggestion (I personally don't use it) you can install FFDShow and let it decode all MPEG4. See if the error persists.
Old 7th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

The best one in DivX series ;)
Old 7th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Probably this is why 5.21 is the one that come with all later decoding packs from DivX. They stick to it even now, 2 years after the build was released.
Old 8th May 2007
BS.player Regular User

sgc is an unknown quantity at this point

In terms of skins, I am currently using the base skin, but the problem has also appeared in other skins, so it does not appear to be skin dependent
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Could you please let us know which check-boxes are selected in your installation under (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > ....
.... General > [General settings]
respectively under
.... Video > [General]
(For the first "screen" e.g. just assume the top box to be nr 1 and the bottom nr 16
and for the second assume the top box to be nr 1 and the bottom nr 10)

P.S.:
If you just open the player and then close it (without having done anything) is the error-report also produced?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 8th May 2007
BS.player Regular User

See attached screen dumps

with respect to trying the player on its own without playing a file, a curious result. I can open and close without any problem, as soon as I play a file it crashes on close, when I then open and close again after this it crashes
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
No, it's not the best if he encodes in XviD with some advanced profile and let DivX decode it. As a suggestion (I personally don't use it) you can install FFDShow and let it decode all MPEG4. See if the error persists.
Any result on this ?
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

I can't help continue thinking that there is something wrong with your settings-file as the error occurs only after a file is played. (Or with your rights under Windows for the folder concerned). BS.Player has a number of "remember"-items (sometimes to be switched off by a "don't remember"-option), which are most likely stored on exit.
But I've noticed your version is a "PRO"-version, so - assuming it is a "legal" version - you are entitled to direct support by BS.Player-team.
In this connection I would advise you to contact them through the contact form: http://www.bsplayer.com/en/contact_us/

(Alternatively you can send them an e-mail at customer.support@bsplayer.com )
Old 8th May 2007
BS.player Regular User

It is a "legal" version and I did send an email to the contact us asking who to contact regarding support issues but I have had no response
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

I will draw their attention to this thread.
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Could this be related to the way it acces the decoder and the way it closes this connection ? If you have XviD installed, open it's configuration panel, enable playback for DivX and DX50 and the try to play a file (see in filters page what decoder it's used) and tell us if it's XviD and if the error persist.
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

@sgc: I meanwhile sent a message to BSPlayer-team.
@adicoto: He uses DivX for playback (like me)
@sgc: If you like to install XviD and try as suggested by adicoto, please deselect "Support Generic Mpeg-4" in DivX codec:
[Start] > "Programs" > "DivX" > "DivX codec" > "Decoder configuration Utility"
(alternatively you can also go through BS.Player's "Filters" > "Advanced")
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
@sgc: I meanwhile sent a message to BSPlayer-team.
@adicoto: He uses DivX for playback (like me)
I know he uses, that's why I want to change it, either to ffdshow, either to XviD. I've seen many times this error just because of that DivX decoder. He also have XviD installed, like posted before, latest stable version.
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

I understood that already and was editing my post as I had forgotten to add what to do with DivX-settings if he would follow your suggestions.
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

We manage somehow to interlace our posts :D When I read your post and start replying, you do the same with mine. For now, I stop and wait for a response from sgc, and after that, depending on his answer, I will continue.
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

:lol:
Old 8th May 2007
BS.player Regular User

Thanks again for all the advice, I am having a hard time trying to keep track of it all. I installed FFDshow, but no difference, unless there are some specific settings I need to adjust.

Also deselected "Support Generic Mpeg-4, but to avail

Considering how well BS Player worked in my last PC, this is a real mystery as I am not running any different software, do you think it might be a hardware problem? This PC differs from last regarding no. of cores on the CPU, sli graphics cards and sata hard drives

Thanks
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

I don't think it' hardware related. But are you sure that XviD decoder was the filter used ?
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
I don't think it' hardware related. But are you sure that XviD decoder was the filter used ?
Yes, check in BSplayer filters list if it's used when playing your files (right-click -> Options -> Filters -> Advanced)

Otherwise you have to "force" it in BSplayer preferences :roll:

Tags
player