Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th August 2019
BS.Player Newbie

Kieutrang is on a distinguished road
Default I have a Radeon HD video card and I wanted to play mkv files

I have a Radeon HD video card and I wanted to play mkv files (h264) with my video card's power since my cpu cannot play 1080p. Here's what I did to get it to all work.

Well MPC-HC was able to play mkv files using DXVA and the video card's cpu just fine, if I blocked the external filters ffdshow video decoder and CoreAVC. I uninstalled CoreAVC anyways. So I thought if MPC-HC could do DXVA, then surely WMP or BSPlayer could also. You need to get the standalone video decoder from MPC-HC and register it.

Download from: SourceForge.net: MPC - Homecinema: Downloading ...
Copy MPCVideoDec.ax to a folder, such as C:\dxva
Then go to command prompt and type the following: "regsvr32 C:\dxva\MPCVideoDec.ax"
At this point, WMP should use DXVA just fine but BSPlayer will not work correctly.

In BSPlayer, go to Options, Preferences. Go to the Video Rendering tab.
I did this on Windows XP SP3, Vista may be different for all of this.
Set the rendering mode to VMR7 and CHECK "Use YUV mixing mode with VMR Renderer"

Now you still need Haali Media Splitter, and I'd recommend AC3Filter and FFDShow (audio decoder only)

Good luck!
Old 30th August 2019
BS.Player Newbie

barryallen1337 is on a distinguished road

Not real tech savvy about the video & audio but i had the same problem playing mkv files on my pc. every program i tried when trying to play mkv files just froze up or closed.

I got the K-Lite codec pack 64 and now this lets me play some mkv files(i dont know why or how but it just does).

Maybe you can try this pack. if your a tweaker you might be able to play all mkv files, who knows.
Old 29th October 2020
BS.Player Newbie

neetusingh is on a distinguished road

I am also facing the same issue. If someone from you can help me please help me out.

Tags
card, play, radeon, video, wanted