View Single Post
Old 16th April 2003
BS.Player Newbie

alanza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More than one subtitle stream

Hi, I've been looking for an easy way to add subtitles to divx movies, and so far direct vobsub has been real good, I use it along with BSplayer. My problems start when I have more than one subtitle stream, because the only way I have to make directvobsub start along with BSplayer is by giving the .srt the same name as the .avi, so when I have two streams (spanish and english) or even worse four streams (normal spanish/english plus forced subtitles in each language) I have to put each stream in a different folder, as I can't have 2 or more files with the same name, and tell directvobsub to look in all those folders. The actual problem comes when I playback, as I don't have a way to tell directvobsub which of all the streams it should use at start (I still haven't made a lot of divx's, but usually it chooses english over spanish, and forced over normal), so I have to manually go to the task bar, right click the directvobsub icon and choose from 4 different choices, all with the same name, all this every time I restart the movie; and it gets worse as I always use 2 or more discs when compressing a dvd, so every time BSplayer switches to the second cd, I have to tell directvobsub once again which stream to use, as it always reverts back to whatever it chose as default.
I use SubRip for the subtitles, and output as .srt, I wonder if the problem lies there somewhere. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

A.Lanza

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20