View Single Post
Old 19th March 2009
BS.Player Newbie

iamtrout is on a distinguished road
Default BSPlayer CPU usage drops down to 2%...

This problem stems from using BSPlayer, ffdshow, and avisynth to double the frame rate on the fly using interpolation.

Frame doubling interpolation for 1080p x264 mkv's for superfluid 48 fps - Guru3D.com Forums

Videos work just fine at double the frame rate for the first 5 seconds or so. Nice and smooth. Then CPU usage for BSPlayer just decides to sink down to 60%, 40%, 20%, then 0-5%.... and it won't come back up.

When I seek to the middle of the video the first few seconds play just fine, and then it drops gradually down to 0-5% CPU again...

It seems that seeking "resets" the CPU usage back up to normal levels.

BSPlayer just stops using the CPU for some reason. Same thing happens even if I set process priority to above normal/have nothing happening.

This thing even happens if I resize to something smaller like 800xwhatever. The CPU maxes out at 80%, and without even hitting 100%, it drops down to 0%. So in this case it's clearly not the CPU not being powerful enough considering that it never even hits 100%...

This is really frustrating. If the CPU can't handle it, it should be at 100% all the time but with choppy playback.

Any idea what's causing BSPlayer's CPU usage to drop to zero?

Using the latest version of the free player. Thanks!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20