View Single Post
Old 18th March 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Stilez is on a distinguished road
Default Remote control help

Hi,

I'd like to get a remote control setup for bsplayer. I've looked at the threads but they seem extremely technical in nature. My scenario is:
  • Plain ordinary WinXP 64 home PC with bsplayer installed. (it's a heavy use machine so XP64 is a genuine need and isn't going to change)
  • No media center, no serial connections, no other gadgets or stuff, ordinary home-made PC.
I don't need fancy controls, I'd like to be able to start, pause, stop, next/previous (in a playlist), volume, and mute anything more I'll get up and use the keyboard and mouse. At most I might also use it for winamp and the Windows system tray volume control.

I know I need a suitable (cheap) remote with a suitable (probably bundled but perhaps separate) USB receiver, and perhaps some kind of (free?) software that will be okay on XP64.

I cannot understand most threads on this topic. Can anyone give some quick suggestions what would work, and a quick summary of "useful knowledge" to help me get remote control set up here? Thanks.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20