Thread: A few bugs!
View Single Post
Old 11th July 2003
BS.Player Newbie

nfrenay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A few bugs!

First of all congrats to the BSPlayer makers, this is by far the best video player available!

Okay, here it goes:

1) Recent bug (only seen it with the latest 499 version)
When I put for example 2 files on the playlist (2 CD movie for example) and watch it in full screen mode there is a bug at the transition between 1st and 2nd file: instead of switching to full screen, BSPlayer "thinks" it's full screen but it's just a window with the movie playing, so I get an annoying border on the top and left borders of the screen and my movie is not positioned where I set it to.
If I change files manually there isn't such a problem, but it's not very nice as my home-theather is in a separate room from my computer, so the playlist was very good.
I'm I the only to have this bug?
I tried uninstalling old copy (renamed), reinstalled from 499 and I ran the registry settings cleaner (settings were back to standard).

2) I'm not sure if this is happening in the newer version (didn't watch a film that had this problem).
When you reduce your movie size in full screen (so that you have black borders on the left and the right of the screen, there is a bug with subtitles: if the size of the subtitle is bigger then the "movie" size, BSplayer writes the subtitle corretly "outside" the movie limitations BUT it doesn't erase it.
The fact is that I zoom my movie to try not to loose any part of the picture so I'm working on the limits and if a subtitle is bigger and doesn't get erased on the outside, I can still see a "shadow" in my TV, even though it's not visible text.

Sorry for the long post, sorry if my text is confusing, this is not my native language so I can't be as clear as I want ;).

Thanks again for BSplayer, can't live without it 8) .

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20