Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27th October 2009
BS.player Regular User

waspy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BS Player 2.5 (1017) Aspect Ratio problem

Hello All,

I'm curious what happened to Aspect Ratio control? It just stopped working in the latest version. The aspect ratio settings simply don't have any effect anymore and video is always rersized back automatically .

Regards,
Alex
Old 29th October 2009
BS.Player Newbie

armandopira123 is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same problem here!

Obs: I'm using Windows 7 and I have to use EVR rendering mode in order to Bsplayer work properly, but if I change the rendering mode to Internal Renderer DirectDraw Surface, the aspect ratio problem disappear, although it screws with Bsplayer.

Sorry about the terrible english, it's not my native language!
Old 6th November 2009
BS.Player Newbie

eruyome is on a distinguished road

Same problem here!!

With EVR, video is always resized back automatically to it's original aspect ratio.

With other renders, you can change it, but the image quality is very poor.

How can we solve this?

Thanks!
Old 9th November 2009
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road
Default video aspect ratio in EVR

Should be fixed in new version.
Old 12th November 2009
BS.player Regular User

waspy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Aspect ratio problem

Yes, it should have been fixed, but it doesn't work!

It's one of the main features and no reaction from the developer(s)... It's a pity!

Just my two cents to general remarks: great player, but guys, don't break the working features and PLEASE TEST your releases better (many compaints in the forum)...

Keep BS Player the best one!!!
Old 14th November 2009
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by waspy View Post
Yes, it should have been fixed, but it doesn't work!

It's one of the main features and no reaction from the developer(s)... It's a pity!

Just my two cents to general remarks: great player, but guys, don't break the working features and PLEASE TEST your releases better (many compaints in the forum)...

Keep BS Player the best one!!!
By adding features that interact with many already implemented functions, it does happen that something that worked for ages got broken. To test every single feature behavior before release it's almost impossible and some bugs may pass unobserved the beta test (and remember that BSplayer betas are free to download a couple of weeks before the final version is released, and nobody in this period reported this bug)

Anyway Ico-man said that this has been fixed in latest (private internal) version, that means that in next public release you'll have this problem fixed, just be patient
Old 16th November 2009
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Exactly!

Old 20th November 2009
BS.Player Newbie

pepa is on a distinguished road

i cant play any videos dvd or music not to mention the radio stations on the bs.player.each time i try
to play a video or music even a dvd it saids

"directshow not installed"
n it also saids" no codec was found"

n i was just wondering if anyone of you guys have ever noticed that,is strange because i just upgrade to bs.player pro,now i cant actually do anything with this player and it makes me sick as well.
when i was using the free bs player i can play video music and movies from d internet but obviously not with the bs player pro,and is kind of frustrating when i cant play videos dvd or music with it
Old 21st November 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

@pepa: Stop double/triple/quadruple-posting the very same message in threads that have nothing to do whatsoever with what you're writing!
Only use reply-post if what you write has some relation with the contents of that post.
Instead stick to one thread and read the reaction(s) to it.
If that reply doesn't solve your problem, enter a reply-post to that same thread (and not to yet another random thread)!
Otherwise you run the risk to be treated as a forum spammer and get all your posts removed (and ultimately also getting banned).
I'm sure you do not want that.
Click here.

P.S.:
You're aware that as a registered purchaser of Pro-version, you're entitled to receive direct e-mail support from BS.Player-team?
You can use BS.Player's contact-form to that purpose.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
aspect, aspect ratio, player, ratio