Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th March 2010
BS.player Regular User

baracuda is on a distinguished road
Default How can i join two subtitle files?

Anybody knows how can i join two subtitle files bsplayer ?
Old 6th March 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I assume we're talking about two textbased subs like .srt files.
I also assume you're talking about two joined/merged videofiles and that the two .srt-files you have were fully synced to the two original videos.
Now, I've never joined/merged two subs using BS.Player's in-built subtitle editor (I did it using several methods in Vladimir's subsync though), but I think it isn't a big problem and could easily be done in a similar way.
(It wouldn't be a bad idea to keep copies of the sub-files in a safe place.)
(1) Note the length in time (duration) of the original first part of the movie (I suppose you still have it)
(2) Load (load new) the sub-file for the (original) second part of the movie in BS.Player's subtitle editor
(3) Insert the duration as the "Delay" under "Adjust delay" (bottom left)
(4) Click on "Apply" and then Save the adjusted subtitle
(5) Try if the adjusted subtitle is in sync with the second part of the (merged/joined) video file.
(6) If not redo the above steps (changing the duration in accordance with your findings)
Only when the adjusted subtitle is fully in sync with the second part of the movie (there will be no subs during the first part) you can proceed:
(a) Load (load new) the adjusted subtitle file in BS.Player's subtitle editor
(b) Select the very first line by a single left-mouse-click on it
(c) Now click "Subtitle" => "Load subtitle" => "Insert before selected line"
(d) Browse to the sub-file of the (original) first part of the movie and doubleclick on it
(e) Save the now joined/merged subtitle
That should do the trick.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th March 2010
BS.player Regular User

@BSPeter thanks :)
Old 7th March 2010
BS.Player Master

You're welcome!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 3rd April 2010
BS.player Regular User

suadnovic is an unknown quantity at this point

You can use Subtitle Workshop 2.51 for this job. After instaling program, go to Tools->Join subtitles (or directly Ctrl +J) to access join window; click on Add, and find first part of subtitle and click Add. Then find second part and click again at Add.

IMPORTANT: Put apropriate fps in box (23,976 or 25 or 29, 970 or anything elese) and check box Recalculate time values

Then click on Join, save with some name and format and that is all.
Old 3rd April 2010
BS.player Regular User

@suadnovic, thanks for info
Old 3rd April 2010
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by suadnovic View Post
You can use Subtitle Workshop 2.51 for this job. After instaling program, go to Tools->Join subtitles (or directly Ctrl +J) to access join window; click on Add, and find first part of subtitle and click Add. Then find second part and click again at Add.

IMPORTANT: Put apropriate fps in box (23,976 or 25 or 29, 970 or anything elese) and check box Recalculate time values

Then click on Join, save with some name and format and that is all.
As already mentioned, if you have BSPlayer Pro, you can use its in-built subtitle-editor to do this in the way I indicated. But of course there are several (free) subtitle-utilities available which can assist you at that. I also already mentioned that I personally always used Vladimir's subsync (a very simple and basic utility) to join subfiles.
Other subtitle utilities are (i.a.) Subtitle Workshop, Subtitles Translator or Winsubtitler (which is the successor of SubMax, the development of which is discontinued). I think either of these can do the job.

However, surely not so simply as suadnovic indicates. The utility will at the least have to be told the actual length of the first (original) part of the movie (or some other info from which it can calculate that). For the last subtitle of the first part of the movie will not necessarily be exactly at the end of the (original) first part of the movie. (In fact that will hardly ever be the case.) So if the utility (any utility) would simply join the two parts of the subtitle like indicated by suadnovic, then I dare to predict (I'm feeling 100% sure) that the subtitles will not be in sync during the second part of the movie.

Tags
files, join, subtitle