Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 13th April 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Woody Smith is on a distinguished road
Default SOME, Not All, OSD Settings Won't Save

I've been using BSPlayer for years now, currently at v. 2.57 build 1051, and only recently (although it was a couple of versions ago) has this problem arisen on my Microsoft Vista-based computer:

I can no longer save my settings for the OSD -- the OSD will only display time and percent played. I have used the user preferences interface to try to change this setting every way it can be changed, using my user account (which has administrator privileges anyhow) and running BSPlayer as administrator, and it simply will not save specific changes to my choice of displayed items, although I can change the font and I can change back and forth between the new and the old OSD modes.

I would prefer my OSD to show time and time remaining.

I have looked into the BSPlayer.xml files and I find the following lines related to the On-Screen Display:

<osdPos type="int">1</osdPos>
<osdl type="int">10</osdl>
<osdr type="int">10</osdr>
<osdt type="int">10</osdt>
<osdb type="int">10</osdb>
<osdbgclr type="int">0</osdbgclr>
<osdalpha type="int">80</osdalpha>

But these only seem to be related to the OSD size and position.

Later on in BSPlayer.xml:

<OSDOpt type="int">39</OSDOpt>

and still later

<OSDBURLS type="string">*http://bsplayer-subtitles.com|*http://bsplayer.api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc|*http://getsubtitle.com</OSDBURLS>

and another further down related to the font, which I found to be self-explanatory.

Any help, and why can't I set them in the settings/preferences interface as I used to be able to do? Thanks in advance.
Old 13th April 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

No problem overhere under WinXP SP3 (using v.2.57.1051 Pro), so I cannot help wondering if your problem isn't UAC-related after all.
Anyhow, the option(s) selected to be displayed are reflected in the line (as mentioned by you):
<OSDOpt type="int">39</OSDOpt>
In as far as I can see this decimal value is in fact composed as follows:
[option selected]
[ 1 ] Movie length
[ 2 ] Movie time
[ 3 ] Movie remaining time
[ 4 ] Movie time/Movie length (%)
[ 5 ] Movie time/remaining time
[ 6 ] Movie name
[ 7 ] System time
[ 8 ] System date
[ 9 ] System date/time
When you set these options one by one it respectively gets the value
(decimal = binary) as follows:
[ 1 ] 1 = 1
[ 2 ] 2 = 10
[ 3 ] 4 = 100
[ 4 ] 8 = 1000
[ 5 ] 16 = 10000
[ 6 ] 32 = 100000
[ 7 ] 64 = 1000000
[ 8 ] 128 = 10000000
[ 9 ] 256 = 100000000
If you select more options, their values must be added.
E.g. if you select the options [ 2 ] and [ 3 ] the value becomes
6 = 110
With the value you mention (39 = 100111) BS.Player's OSD should, IMHO, in fact show four lines:
[ 1 ] Movie length
[ 2 ] Movie time
[ 3 ] Movie remaining time
[ 6 ] Movie name

P.S.:
BS.Player's OSD doesn't automatically show by default.
To show the OSD you should depress key [i] (default definition).
Maybe also read this post/thread concerning (e.g.) ffdshow's OSD.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
osd, save, settings