Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th March 2009
BS.player Regular User

Womanizer is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb How do I save my personal settings?

Specially those related to key definitions and general options?

I want to install BSP in my primary machine, but save all my settings from the secundary one.
Old 6th March 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Are we talking "network"?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th March 2009
BS.player Regular User

What do you mean by network?

I guess not...

Here's the thing:

BSP was installed in my machine. I changed some personal settings like key definitions, BSP Pro configs (things like subtitle font size, remember last video position selected by default, etc.).

Now my new machine is formatted and with XP brand new installed.

BSP Pro was installed in this new machine. But how can I import those settings from the first machine? What I need to avoid is to configure/setup everything all over again.
Old 7th March 2009
BS.Player Master

So you do not want to save your settings (which BSPlayer does for you), but you want to transfer your present settings to another PC. In this connection please note that settings like video rendering and such cannot always be used unchanged and/or without problems on another PC, as that will e.g. depend on the hardware and software (e.g. drivers) on that other PC.
However, that being said:
depending on BS.Player's version and what you selected at its installation at your "old" PC, you should look for the following files
either in BS.Player's installation folder
or e.g. in C:\Documents and Settings\[YourName]\Application Data\BSplayer (Pro)
or in C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\BSplayer (Pro) :
BSplayer.xml (=keydefs etc.)
and further you could also look at
bspml.xml
EQ.xml
and perhaps (probably not useful as e.g. the files of the playlists will not be found on the new PC)
bsplay.sav
bsplay.bkf
bsplist.bsl
internal.bsl
dvdxxxxxxxxxx.sav (in folder DVDdata)
and further I'm not sure what to think about the files like
bsp.dat and
BSPMLIB.dat (in folder bslib)
[I would personally first give it a try with only the first .xml-file(s)].
and copy the .xml-file(s) from your "old" PC to the new one (while BS.Player isn't active of course).
Let us know the results please.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th March 2009
BS.player Regular User

Hi there,
I need to save all settings from the first machine. Then, use those settings in the new machine. :)

About the files, I can confirm to you these are the only ones available in that location. I am using BSP Pro 2.35.

Directories:
bslib (contains: BSPMLIB2.DAT, BSPMLIB.DAT & pcnt.dat files)
cache (empty folder)
DVDdata (contains: dvd1154667780891402987.sav & dvd2506842954302741597.sav files)

Files:
bsp.dat
bsplay.sav
bsplist.bsl

And that's all...

I will do a test later.
Old 7th March 2009
BS.Player Master

The most important file for your purpose is BSplayer.xml !
Like I wrote previously: its whereabouts depend on what you selected at installation of BS.Player.
It may be present in the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\[YourName]\Application Data\BSplayer [Pro]\ (under WinXP)
or - if you're a user of Vista or Win7 - in
C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\BSplayer [Pro]\
or in BS.Player's installation folder
(default C:\Program Files\Webteh\BSPlayer [Pro]\)
What is your OS?

P.S.:
There are more "versions" (in fact "builds") of BS.Player 235.
The most recent build to-day is 986.
So it is better to always mention full version indication (235.986).
Old 7th March 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

bkf file contain bookmarks
sav file contain settings for all files played (pan scan, window position, window size, AR....)
bspML.xml = Media library settings
bspEQ.xml = Equaliser settings

And the link C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\BSplayer
it's valid under Windows 7 too.
Old 7th March 2009
BS.Player Master

no bspEQ.xml with me, but simply EQ.xml.
Old 8th March 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Me bad ;)
Old 8th March 2009
BS.Player Master

Old 9th March 2009
BS.player Regular User

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

I am using Windows XP.

C:\Documents and Settings\[YourName]\Application Data\BSplayer [Pro]\
will not be necessary unless you have saved BSP settings in user's folder instead of installation folder.

It was only necessary to do that step for BS.Player's installation folder here in this new installation.
Old 14th March 2009
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Like I wrote previously: its whereabouts depend on what you selected at installation of BS.Player.
It may be present in the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\[YourName]\Application Data\BSplayer [Pro]\ (under WinXP)
or - if you're a user of Vista or Win7 - in
C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\BSplayer [Pro]\
or in BS.Player's installation folder
(default C:\Program Files\Webteh\BSPlayer [Pro]\)
Happy it was the answer to your question!

Tags
personal, save, settings