Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th September 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Aemrod is on a distinguished road
Default Having problems with some mkv files

My bs player doesnt play some mkv files. Tried to search from google and several forums but no luck. Actually when i try to play those files in other players it plays but when i try bs player its like there is no file to play this happened before with some mkv files. İ have 80 mkv files and 3 of them doesnt work with bs player
If it is a codec problem how come other players can play it.
Also just downloaded k-lite mega pack to see if it changes anything. Well nothing changed.

Hope somebody can help me.
Old 16th September 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Probably, indeed is a codec problem. Other players, suc as VLC, KMP or MPC have their own built in codecs, while BSPlayer rely on system codecs and those installed internally by codecmanager.
At this moment I believe that those MKVs have internal DirectVobsub subtitles and probably this is the cause. Can be solved instaling VSfilter (VobSub).
Can you post here or PM a link to such a file ?
Old 17th September 2012
BS.Player Master

OK, downloaded 14 GB file and all I can say it's that it plays OK in here. File is 1920x1040, AVC, DTS, AC3 dual audio stream.
Decoded using Haali (and tested Gabest too), CoreAVC and Ac3Filter.

But......
seems that the filename contains some special characters. So, my advice is to copy the file to another location ( if you still want to seed it) and change it's name to something else, like Jurassic 2 or whatever and test it again.
If it works, it's probably related to your Windows' regional settings ( I am using central european for diacritics).
If it doesn't, then probably your filters can't handle the streams and we'll need to work out the problem.
Old 18th September 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Aemrod is on a distinguished road

Well i tried to change name and it worked can't belive it was because of stupid characters. For vobsub still trying to figureout how to remove that sub from mkv file.

edit1: Forgot to mention after installing vobsub. 13th warrior movie(i think i sent you the link but not sure) has new problem now a box pop-up with "Mkx" named and says;
"a decoder for the new track could not be found. Tracktype:Vobsub"
after clicking ok bs player opens a black screen and still dont play. It indicates mkv file time like "00:00:00 / 1:42:46". But when i try to press space or click play icon it does not play. Working on this right now.
Old 18th September 2012
BS.Player Master

As you can read in this post:

http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-ta...subtitles.html

I have stumbled on such a file. But for me it works OK, using old subtitle engine, and in preferences -> subtitles -> vobsub I have enabled VobSub suport and load subtitle into memory.
It may be related to using ffdshow as decoder (I am not sure). I am using CoreAVC for x264 files not ffdshow.
Old 22nd October 2012
BS.Player Newbie

elpidisp is on a distinguished road
Default easy solution

after bs player opens the black window, without playing anything, just do a search for subtitles, copy them from the Sub folder, into the movie folder and start again the movie, that works for sure ! (windows 7 ultimate 64bit)
Old 5th November 2012
BS.Player Newbie

ntontos is on a distinguished road
Exclamation problems with bsplayer

i have a problem with bsplayer..It cannot play movies(MKV files)..neither the screen opens,neither you can see the time of the movie(for example it does not show 01:00:12/01:30/16,only 00:00:00/00:00:00)..I don't have problem with music..It plays all mp3 songs..I have uninstall and install the bsplayer a lot of times, but nothing happened..i tried to solve the problem by installing codec packs, but nothing happened too..

please help me!!

Tags
files, mkv