Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BS.Player Skins and Skinning

BS.Player Skins and Skinning Comments on skins, new ideas, skinmaker, skinmaker documentation, or anything else concerning BS.Player skins

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 29th March 2012
BS.player Regular User

SergeNL is on a distinguished road
Default Skins are listed twice in the Skin-List under Windows7.

All Skins in the BSP Skin-List (Options > Skins) are listed twice. My PC runs on Windows7 64-bits.
It’s just a small problem, but becomes annoying when many Skins are installed.

I tried several versions of BSP, also Free and pro, but it makes no difference.
Every time I have only one version installed.
To make sure all settings are deleted at uninstall, at the installation I choose to save settings in the installation folder. At uninstall I check the installation folder, and remove everything that is left. (and run a registry cleaner).

Also I deleted left-over folders from previous installations:
C: > users > Username > AppData > Local Row > BS_Player.
C: > users > Username > AppData > Roaming > BSplayer and BSplayer PRO.
It doesn’t solve the problem.

On the same PC I have WinXP installed (dual boot on a different partition)
In XP there is no problem. So it looks like a Windows7 issue. Perhaps a 64-bit issue.
It’s not a Dual-core issue. My PC is Quad-core, and under XP the Skin-List is fine.

BSPeter, thanks for the suggestions per PM. ICO-Man, is this something for the BSP-Team? Thanks..

Note: there are two other bugs, that may be related to this problem:
1. If I have a BSZ-version and a Folder-version of the same skin in the Skins-folder, the Skin is 4x in the skin list. But BSP always shows the Folder version if I click on all 4 of them. So the BSZ-version can't be showed.
2. The Test-function in BSP-SkinMaker doesn't work. If I click it, a message says: "Error. BSZ-files are not properly registered to BSPlayer..". But if I double-click a BSZ-file, BSP starts in that Skin..
Old 29th March 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeNL View Post

Note: there are two other bugs, that may be related to this problem:
1. If I have a BSZ-version and a Folder-version of the same skin in the Skins-folder, the Skin is 4x in the skin list. But BSP always shows the Folder version if I click on all 4 of them. So the BSZ-version can't be showed.
2. ...
Like I've meanwhile PM-ed to you, I tested again but (with both a zipped .bsz version and a folder-version of a skin with the same name) I only see its name mentioned twice in the list (as it should be) and not four times like you apparently do. I'm testing under XP SP3. I also concluded that whichever version of both "same name"-skins is opened upon selection seems to depend solely on the date/time stamp of the folder/file in windows. Of the two versions (folder or .bsz) always the most recent one will be opened by BS.Player (which - in actual practice, while still working on a skin - will generally be the folder-version).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 29th March 2012
BS.player Regular User

Thanks Peter! I am very happy to be wrong here, and understand why:
I am always terribly precise with everything, often thinking I'm an idiot to do so. And I become arrogant, because I am mostly right after being very precise. But now I was wrong, and my experiments were not good enough, I have good reasons to continue my bad habit of being too precise.
Old 13th March 2013
BS.Player Newbie

yucikala is on a distinguished road
Default I have the same

I have the same - all skins are twice at list... And it not look good...

What is wrong? I tried reinstall, but it not solve it. Can I do somethink or I must wait for upgrade?
Old 15th March 2013
BS.player Regular User

Did you install the last version of BSplayer?
Also note, if you have extracted BSZ-skinfiles to a folder in the Skins folder (just to see what's in it), the skin will be listed twice: Bsplayer recognises the BSZ-file AND the folder as a skin.

But I can't remember if I ever solved this. I installed Bsplayer on my new Win7 (64 bits) installation, and copied my existing Skins-folder to that. It looks fine now. But you could try this:

Take 1:
Close Bsplayer.
In Windows Explorer go to: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\BSplayer PRO
Delete bsp.dat.
Restart Bsplayer to see if it worked. (it might. I have no idea)

Take 2:
Save your Skins-folder somewere (copy/paste).
De-install Bsplayer.
In Windows Explorer, make sure the Bsplayer-folder in Program Files is completely deleted.
Also delete the folder Bsplayer PRO under: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\BSplayer PRO
Run a Windows-regcleaner.
Reinstall Bsplayer. Try to change the skin, and look if they are listed twice. If Yes, I don't know what to do next. If No, close Bsplayer. In Windows Explorer, change the name of the Skins-folder to “Skins-original” or something. Copy/paste your saved Skins-folder into the BSP-installation-folder.
Now check again, by changing the Skin.

I dont know more.. Good luck!

(Excusing for never having finished the remaining sticky-topics nrs 2, 3, and 5 due to bad health and too much work.. But I might still do so..)

Tags
listed, skinlist, skins, windows7