Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BS.Player Skins and Skinning

BS.Player Skins and Skinning Comments on skins, new ideas, skinmaker, skinmaker documentation, or anything else concerning BS.Player skins

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th December 2004
BS.Player Newbie

:ExeoN: is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help Saving / Exporting skin.

I have made the skin to what I think is perfection. Now, all I want to do is be able to use that skin on my BSPlayer. But it does not save it as a .bsz file. What should I do? How do you export the file to a .bsz file so I can apply it as a skin?
Old 26th December 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I suppose you have tried and tested your newly created skin by having all files which together make the skin in a folder named ''your skin name". Then just zip all files in that folder into a zipped archive and rename the archive file so that the extention ".zip" is changed into ".bsz".
(Yes, it really is that simple)

P.S.: Do not compress the folder as such, but only all files in it!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th December 2004
BS.Player Newbie

:ExeoN: is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
I suppose you have tried and tested your newly created skin by having all files which together make the skin in a folder named ''your skin name". Then just zip all files in that folder into a zipped archive and rename the archive file so that the extention ".zip" is changed into ".bsz".
(Yes, it really is that simple)

P.S.: Do not compress the folder as such, but only all files in it!
Okay, that did not work. This is what I did... I opened WinZip and I added all of the files to the new zip file. I saved it under a skin name... it added all of the files in it and it then saved the zip file. I right clicked on the zip file and clicked "rename". It opened up the properties box and I changed the name to "myskin.bsz" then clicked okay. The file looked the same and opened up the same files I put in it, just now the only thing different is it is myskin.bsz . I have zipped the folder then renamed it like above... could you completely explain how to do it? It really is not working... The files are attached. If you could just zip them and change them into some myskin.bsz name when converted, that would be good. But I really just want to know how you did it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip files.zip (83.3 KB, 675 views)
Old 27th December 2004
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Hi :ExeoN:!
Have you activated the option "Hide the extension for known file types" in the Folder Options of Windows?
If so, disable it and retry renaming your file...

1. Open a folder
2. In the menu click on Settings -> Folder Options
3. Now in the appeared window go to the Visualization tab
4. Uncheck the above descripted option
5. Rename your file from "MySkin.zip" to "MySkin.bsz", and NOT from "MySkin.zip" to "MySkin.bsz.zip" (this is the result in the case you have that option active)

If you can't go throu these steps don't worry, here is your skin files with the BSZ extension

Bye! :lol:
Attached Files
File Type: bsz files.bsz (83.3 KB, 639 views)
Old 27th December 2004
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Almost forgot...
Thank you for using my program to make your skin! :)

I've modified your skin to look better.. Hope you would appreciate it..

Bye
Attached Files
File Type: bsz files_636.bsz (83.3 KB, 605 views)

Tags
exporting, saving, skin