Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th January 2012
BS.Player Newbie

ozchilli is on a distinguished road
Default avi and .sub .idx file

Hi, i have avi movie with have subtiles file in the .sub and .idx format. all three files have exactly the same name and is the same folder on my motorola xoom tablet however when i play the movie using bsplayer lite, there is no subtiles. please help, cheers.
Old 16th January 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Your subtitle (.sub + .idx) is a graphics based subtitle and I frankly don't know if (and also have serious doubts that) BSPlayer Lite for Android can show those subs as a native feature.
At the moment I don't have any idx/sub-files, so that I cannot test.
However, with respect to text-based subtitles (you can check on your PC if they are readable in e.g. MS-Notebook/Notepad: I havn't found an application with similar possibilities for Android yet, but then: I sofar didn't seek one) such as .srt (but here also are text-based .sub-files!) I'm sure they can be played using BSPlayer's native feature to play subtitles.
But why don't you use BSPlayer Lite's feature to automatically search and download on-line subtitles?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 17th January 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Your subtitle (.sub + .idx) is a graphics based subtitle and I frankly don't know if (and also have serious doubts that) BSPlayer Lite for Android can show those subs as a native feature.
At the moment I don't have any idx/sub-files, so that I cannot test.
However, with respect to text-based subtitles (you can check on your PC if they are readable in e.g. MS-Notebook/Notepad: I havn't found an application with similar possibilities for Android yet, but then: I sofar didn't seek one) such as .srt (but here also are text-based .sub-files!) I'm sure they can be played using BSPlayer's native feature to play subtitles.
But why don't you use BSPlayer Lite's feature to automatically search and download on-line subtitles?
Hi, I did try to obtain on-line subtitles but the app reported no subtitles found.
In regards to the .sub+.idx files, they works fine with mkv movies but not avi movies?
Old 17th January 2012
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozchilli View Post
...In regards to the .sub+.idx files, they works fine with mkv movies but not avi movies?
As I mentioned already: I don't know and also don't have any .sub+.idx files to test. I'll ask a BS.Player team member to have a look at your question.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 17th January 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Oopp, ok. Thank heaps
Old 17th January 2012
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Support for VobSub is not yet implemented for Android devices. Mkv's probably have embedded subtitles, that's why you see them.

We will add support for VobSubs in future versions of android BSPlayer.
Old 24th January 2012
BS.Player Newbie

snadam is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same issue as OZChilly, my movie, .sub and .idx are in the same directory and are named the same yet no subtitles appear. For specifics you can see my post in the bug reports forum.

Cheers,
Adam

Edited by BSPeter: your post in bugs report forum (which forum is for PC version) moved to this thread in Android forum!
(There is no bug: in PC version its implemented and working; in Android version it simply isn't a feature yet, as explained in Ico-man's post.)

Last edited by BSPeter; 26th January 2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old 24th January 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Default Android player - trouble with .sub/.idx

Device : Asus Transformer Prime
Asus build : IML74K.US_epad-9.4.2.11.1-20120118
Player version : BSP for Android v1.2 build 125
acceleration : hardware enabled
video container : mkv
video codec : h.264
audio codec : aac (128 stereo)
subtitles : .sub and .idx (.sub is about 5.5MB in size)
Video source : DVD
Video created by : DVDFab V8.1.3.8 (2011.12.09)

The .mkv, .sub, and .idx are in the same folder and are all named the same. Video plays without issue but no subtitles are displayed. Player was just installed and is using default options.

At the beginning of playback a message appears in the upper left corner of the screen notifying me that no subtitles were found. I assume this is in reference to an online search but have no way of knowing for sure.

Thank you,
Adam
Old 26th January 2012
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by snadam View Post
At the beginning of playback a message appears in the upper left corner of the screen notifying me that no subtitles were found. I assume this is in reference to an online search but have no way of knowing for sure....
Your assumption is correct!
Old 31st January 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snadam View Post
I'm having the same issue as OZChilly, my movie, .sub and .idx are in the same directory and are named the same yet no subtitles appear. For specifics you can see my post in the bug reports forum.

Cheers,
Adam

Edited by BSPeter: your post in bugs report forum (which forum is for PC version) moved to this thread in Android forum!
(There is no bug: in PC version its implemented and working; in Android version it simply isn't a feature yet, as explained in Ico-man's post.)
Peter,
Here's a quote taken directly from the BSPlayer download page of the Android Market
"- External and embedded subtitles ssa/ass, srt, sub..."
The quote is at least a bit misleading. I downloaded BS Player specifically because of that quote.

So now the real question is, do you plan to add the ability to play graphic based .sub files on the Android platform any time soon?

Thanks,
Adam
Old 31st January 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately there is .sub as text based and .sub/idx as graphic ripped subtitles, and this can lead to some misunderstanding (because text based .sub can be played).
As stated above by Ico man, who is a member of the developping team, sub/idx support will be implemented in future versions of android player.
Old 4th February 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
As stated above by Ico man, who is a member of the developping team, sub/idx support will be implemented in future versions of android player.
adicoto,
Thanks for clarifying that, I somehow missed it; I guess I need to work on my reading comprehension skills. Thanks for your patience.

--

Maybe an update to the Android Market product description saying that it plays "some sub" or "text based sub" or something along those lines will help to reduce time wasting forum posts like mine.

Cheers,
Adam

Tags
android, avi, file, idx, player, sub or idx, trouble