Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th February 2013
BS.Player Newbie

barbudor is on a distinguished road
Default Subtitle sync adjustment

Hello

I am using BSPlayer Free (latest version from Play store) on my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.

When playing some movies, sometimes I don't get the right subtitle that match the movie release. Subtitles starts off-sync for a few seconds and this generally increase at every advertissement cut.

Is there any tool in BSPlayer for Android to resync subtitles while playing my movie ?
I don't want to spend 20 minutes on PC to resync an SRT file to watch a 40 minutes episode, so a simple +/- 500ms resync that could be applied during playback would be nice.

Or is it available in the paying version ?

Thanks for your advises.

Best regards

barbudor
Old 4th February 2013
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbudor View Post
...Is there any tool in BSPlayer for Android to resync subtitles while playing my movie ?...
Not that I know of. So that would be a feature request.
But maybe there already is an appropriate subtitle-file available but not selected.
To select another subs-file:
While movie is running (full screen), tap on screen.
Tap on menu (top right).
Select "Subtitles" and then "Select active subtitle".
Select a different subtitle from the list shown.

(BSPlayer Pro version for PC has its own subtitle editor. In my personal experience resync only takes a few minutes.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 4th February 2013
BS.Player Newbie

barbudor is on a distinguished road

Hi BSPeter

Thanks for the tip.
I must admit I did not used this feature so far.
Just gave it a go and looks very good.

However :
1) I bet that in many cases if I am not successful finding the appropriate subs release, BSPlayer may not find it neither (but just had the case where it was able to find it ! impressive )

2) I will not necessarily have net access when playing the movie.
I don't know where BSP stores the subs he downloads, may be in a cache. Which at least would require me to try playing 30sec of each episode once at home to download the right subs. Why not...

3) That was not my question

Ok, joking. Thanks a lot, I will try to use more this feature in the future.
(but definitively would love a manual resync feature )

Cheers
~barbudor

Tags
adjustment, subtitle, sync