Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st April 2013
BS.Player Newbie

zgrimaldi is on a distinguished road
Angry Awful experience: HW mode sluggish and stuttering

Hello: I am facing a lot of trouble with BSPlayer for Android. I have a Media Player equipped with AMLOGIC MESON3 8726M SKT SH chipset (1Ghz) and Mali-400 MP GPU. I am trying to watch some .mkv videos encoded with H.264 (1280 x720 resolution), and the results are...well, a total and absolute disaster:

HW mode: sluggish and stuttering, audio flows normal, out of sync, obviously. At least it shows subtitles
SW mode: The same of HW mode, and the same of SW mode of other players (and makes me wonder why there is a HW mode in BSPlayer then, if apparently doesn't work)
System Mode: Image flows normally, but really glitchy (green glitches here and there), with no subtitles at all (and I need subs, I don't speak Japanese, Chinese or Hindi...)

I tried everything to fix this with no sucess: installed the ARMv7 compatibility pack, re-installed everything, tried to use the options of frame dropping, tried the paid version (lost my money on the attempt, as the tests gone longer than the refund time on Google Play). The quality keeps awful, my videos keep stuttering on HW mode (and this is a real pity, as the BSPlayer HW mode seems to show no glitches...but is unusable at all).

So, being straight: what is going on here? Why BSPlayer plays so poorly on my media player, while other players goes way better? (still not with a perfectly clear and glitch-free image, but others are playing fine enough to watch something with subs). Sorry to say, but at this moment, I am feeling really scammed, as I am receiving way less from BSPlayer (that I bought) than I have with other free players: indeed, I can't even use BSPlayer for anything at all!

Any explanation/solution/help?
Old 22nd April 2013
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Did you try Alternative HW decoding? (only for Android 4.1)
Old 23rd April 2013
BS.Player Newbie

zgrimaldi is on a distinguished road

The media player/Android box runs Android 4.0 (ICS). Seems that there's no update until now. So the option isn't available.

Tags
awful, experience, hw mode, mode, slow, sluggish, stuttering