Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   BSPlayer for Android (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Problem with new Samsung Galaxy S5 (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=27231)

BeefJerky 15th April 2014 11:09 PM

Problem with new Samsung Galaxy S5

I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S5 running KitKat v4.4.2 and am having issues with paid version of BSplayer. If I have it set to use "Hardware decoding mode (BSplayer engine)" it will crash when starting a video. Checking "Use alternate HW decoding mode" does not help. It will play fine using the system engine, but then I do not have DTS support. When crashing, I get the error "Unfortunately, BSPlayer has stopped." with options to Report or OK. If I hit OK, it will go back to the file browser screen after a bit.

I hope you can get this fixed soon, as I like this player, and want to continue using it.

LFBV 24th April 2014 07:22 PM

Problem with MP4 files on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

After upgrading the firmware to Android 4.4.2 on my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, the BSplayer is unable to play MP4 files. The same happens with another video player installed in the tablet. Apparently it is some issue with Samsung since I have the BS player running smoothly on a Nexus 7 with Android 4.4.2.

Hopefully they can solve the problem because BSplayer has the best video quality and connects seamlessly with any network devices through SMB.

lapas 30th April 2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeefJerky (Beitrag 73725)
I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S5 running KitKat v4.4.2 and am having issues with paid version of BSplayer. If I have it set to use "Hardware decoding mode (BSplayer engine)" it will crash when starting a video. Checking "Use alternate HW decoding mode" does not help. It will play fine using the system engine, but then I do not have DTS support. When crashing, I get the error "Unfortunately, BSPlayer has stopped." with options to Report or OK. If I hit OK, it will go back to the file browser screen after a bit.

I hope you can get this fixed soon, as I like this player, and want to continue using it.

I have the same problem with my Samsung S5

Ar4m1S 21st May 2014 05:31 AM

I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 with 4.4.2 firmware.

Please!!!! a fix for this?

BeefJerky 24th May 2014 05:07 PM

So, is this ever going to be fixed? I got an e-mail from BSplayer support on April 16th saying this was being worked on. However, it has now been well over a month with no followups or fixes. What is going on???

With this level of "support" I'm quite disappointed that I spent the money on this app. I like to support developers, but I expect a reasonable level of support when issues arise.

BeefJerky 30th May 2014 01:41 PM

Well, I installed the updated version that just got released...and it still crashes on the S5. What's going on???

At this point, I wish I could get just my money back.

BeefJerky 22nd June 2014 06:05 AM

*BUMP*

Still no updates to fix this, and still no communication on this issue from the devs. I still have a basically useless app that I paid for...

BeefJerky 17th July 2014 09:42 PM

And still not fixed in the newest version. What's the deal???

Kogenesis 2nd August 2014 09:48 PM

Still Broken

I too am a little disappointed that I paid for this and it was working and now won't play MP4 files on my galaxy note 10.1 2014 ed. When can we expect a fix?

Mikhail.Starkov 5th August 2014 05:32 PM

AVC file extension support

Hi Developers!

Don't you mind adding AVC extension in the list of supported extensions?

It opens my video file normally but not from e-mail attachment.

My IP Camera sends *.AVC files and I'm unable to open it directly from e-mail.

Could this be fixed please?

Best Regards

Mikhail