Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st October 2014
BS.Player Newbie

masteripper is on a distinguished road
Default BsPlayer (android) more remote control friendly

Hello to everybody....
I am one of the many that have an Android TV Box....
With XBMC normally i wouldn't be here but .... it seems that XBMC carries all the bells and whistles to play my movie collection except from a small tiny detail.....the quality sucks and when i say sucks it sucks a LOT...
Playing an HQ mkv 720p at night scenes reveals a rather unpleasant experience with actors accompanied by at least half a dozen ghosts....yes i have a lot of ghosting making the viewing experience ....to say unpleasant....
SO i searched to find what i could to replace XBMC for HQ movies and i found that BS fits the bill with Great Qualitu and full Audio/Subs capabilities...but
I am afraid there is always a but....
It is not remote friendly...i can manage volume and moving forward-backward...but that all...and i can get to the menu while playing....but i can't access the player controls and the most important being....Pause...
Maybe i am missing something in the configuration thats why i ask here for ur support...is there some tweak or i have to buy a wireless keyboard/mouse?
Old 21st October 2014
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Pause should be assigned to Space.
Old 22nd October 2014
BS.Player Newbie

masteripper is on a distinguished road

I don't have space just 4 arrows ,back key and numeric keypad on my remote....i think is time to get a mini wireless keyboard
Old 22nd October 2014
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

What is the remote model?
Old 1st December 2014
BS.Player Newbie

arwon is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Arwon and this is my first post in this forum.

I'm suffering the same issue than masteripper. I own a Mibox (xiaomi android device), and the remote control only has 3 bottoms, therefore I can not assign any bottom to show the control bar (play/pause), and when I press the central bottom nothing happens.

I like this video player (I've tried a lot), I think is one of the best, but this issue is really annoying when you have to stop the video.

Is there any way to solve it?.

Thanks for your help.
Old 27th December 2014
BS.Player Newbie

foxidrive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by masteripper View Post
I am afraid there is always a but....
It is not remote friendly...i can manage volume and moving forward-backward...but that all...and i can get to the menu while playing....but i can't access the player controls and the most important being....Pause...

Just adding that a Kogan Smart TV model KALED473DSMTZA with remote has this issue as well. Running Android 4.2.1

I have arrow keys, volume+-, menu, back button, mute, and would be nice to map the enter button to pause/play.

Thanks

EDIT: See the next post re long presses on remote control buttons

Last edited by foxidrive; 28th December 2014 at 05:45 AM.
Old 28th December 2014
BS.Player Newbie

foxidrive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxidrive View Post
Adding here too that I used the mapping of menu/back button on long+short press in an older release and some mappings didn't function as they were supposed to.

I will try the 1.22.176 build when the TV is not in use and see if there is a difference and report back.

Thanks
I've tested this in the 1.22.176 Android release and what I realised is that the long button presses for Menu and Back do not do anything.

Can someone please confirm that they work in a remote control situation when you change the Gestures settings to alter the long press function on these keys?

Thanks
foxi
Old 19th November 2016
BS.Player Newbie

boultm is on a distinguished road

go to youtube and tv your problem there is many videos about android tv box problems and it's solution
Old 22nd November 2016
BS.Player Newbie

ThinzarThin is on a distinguished road

same problem with me using android tv box
not solve yet

Tags
android, control, friendly, remote