Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th November 2011
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road
Exclamation BSPlayer lite 1.0 for Android devices

BSPlayer lite/FREE 1.0 for Android is released!

Major upgrade is implementation of hardware acceleration mode and quite a few of other improvements.

Read more on the Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?i...spandroid.free
Attached Images
File Type: png qrcode_android.png (386 Bytes, 217 views)
Old 5th November 2011
BS.Player Newbie

mcgrah is on a distinguished road
Default Best player out there but...

.. :) There's always a but. This time is the interface. I got some hints that will improve user experience while using your player (and I mean - I'ts best out there!)

- redesign (repaint) buttons - now they looks 90tish or so - we're at ICS era, it's just stands out not in a good way
- since double tap is for pause (i suggest single tap) I suggest such an implementation:
. pause/play - single tap
. +/- 60sec double tap right/left edge of the screen
. swipe right/left - seek movie for swipe length (longer -> further seek) - defined time, but i.e. 30sec: full screen swipe, 10sec: just a bit, etc
- allow to disable playlist generation (recent played, etc) or/and easier way to clean it (menu/clean recent played, etc)
- add option to disable folders and files with . [dot] at the beginning - (not only .nomedia) - some programs leave thumbnails in such a folders - no need to see it, as usually it's a rubbish
- Browse/Playlist - please add Favorites - and not the just a file but folder/directory, I'm not watching the same movie all over again, I'm watching new movie from folder movie buried on my sd card :)
- subtitles - please add outline shadow to text and ability to make it bold - while bold text outlined black looks best in all scenes

Now bugs I've spotted:
- mkv movie (matroska 23.976fps, h264, 1280x720) - when swipe on the screen it's just reset to beginning of the movie

OK, lots ow whining - but it's just a hints for better GUI, not much :) Overall it's the best player I've found till today.

Last edited by mcgrah; 5th November 2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 16th November 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Lucidmike78 is on a distinguished road

BS Player hardware acceleration is the only hardware acceleration decoder that has shown to decode at the original framerates on my AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket with a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. But it is not without bugs. It stutters, objects seem to disappear, sometimes the images are distorted. But it shows a lot of promise. Currently there are is no perfect hardware (choppy framerates), or software (pixelated upscaling) decoders. BS Player can be the first if the decoder's weird behavior can be addressed. I believe that this problem exists on the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 which also has the Qualcom Snapdragon processor.
Old 17th January 2012
BS.Player Newbie

drcacho is on a distinguished road
Default MIPS?

Hi! Does it works on MIPS powered devices? I want to buy a MIPS Android Tablet and i really want to use BS Player (that i enjoy on my phone)

Thanks

Dr Cacho
Old 24th January 2012
BS.Player Newbie

drcacho is on a distinguished road
Default MIPS!

Hi! I Just received my Ainol Novo 7 Paladin Knight (MIPS based) and, no, BS Player is not compatible :(

Have you plans to have a MIPS Build?

Thanks

Dr Cacho
Old 19th April 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Neofox2k is on a distinguished road
Default bs remote for bs player android version?

Great work!
Is it posible to use bs remote from an android smartphone over a Bsplayer running over a tablet?

thanks
Old 20th April 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

http://forum.bsplayer.com/bsplayer-a...html#post44669
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 23rd April 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Neofox2k is on a distinguished road
Default bs remote for bs player android version?

I have already tried it! but my bsremote (of my smartphone) can't find any bsplayer (from my tablet). I have tried it auto detecting the ip address and writing it also. Does the android bsplayer come with this feature?

Thanks
Old 24th April 2012
BS.Player Master

I'm afraid BSRemote (android) is intended to be used (through its accompanying host server application) for BS.Player on a Windows platform. This to the best of my knowledge. Sorry!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 4th May 2012
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

New version of BSPlayer Lite for Android is available!

http://www.bsplayer.com/android

Old 12th June 2012
BS.Player Newbie

ralliartur is on a distinguished road

Thumbnail generator needs to be reworked i've got many full gray ones and with gray stripes from .mts files
Old 20th June 2012
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

We will check it.
Old 22nd June 2012
BS.Player Newbie

WareWolf is on a distinguished road
Default BSPlayer Lite for Android bug..

BS Player often cuts off the end of a video file, about the last 10 seconds or so. Playing the same file on Mirage Beta on my Acer A500 tablet & it plays till the end, so the fault is with the player.. Need beta tester for different version, lemme know, I'll help..
Old 25th June 2012
BS.Player Newbie

mydquin is on a distinguished road
Default Does BSPlayer lite support random play?

If so, how do I activate it?
Old 25th June 2012
BS.Player Master

Repeat mode > Shuffle ?
Old 28th June 2012
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WareWolf View Post
BS Player often cuts off the end of a video file, about the last 10 seconds or so. Playing the same file on Mirage Beta on my Acer A500 tablet & it plays till the end, so the fault is with the player.. Need beta tester for different version, lemme know, I'll help..
We will check it. Thx for feedback.
Old 14th April 2016
BS.Player Newbie

moorken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ico-man View Post
BSPlayer lite/FREE 1.0 for Android is released!
No more updates on this in the meantime? :-(

Tags
android, devices, lite