Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Problems...or bugs? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=10064)

black_ps 13th October 2009 04:19 AM

Problems...or bugs?

2 Attachment(s)
Ok,first i want to tell you that i`m using 250 1012 now the problems.

1). I think this version has problem with fdshow codec and it will crash bsplayer on some avi files "like http://www.ted-4you.do.am/load/termi...2009/1-1-0-413 " click continue and download this movie.
2). Go at options ,File types select all ,associate them,restart computer start bsplayer and go again at File Types. See pic.
3). I go and open a youtube file,first it will freeze then it will tell me something about unknown format , tell i'll have only Audio but not video,this if i`m not using "Always try to play Youtube video in hd" with this option will freeze and not work at all.

black_ps 13th October 2009 04:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another problem is with codec Gabest sometimes the movie will freeze the image like 5-6 seconds but the audio will play and then it will jump the 5-6 seconds without see what hapeen, see pic to see what codec i mean,from K-lite codec pack,like ffdshow. Using Windows XP Professional SP3.

black_ps 13th October 2009 08:30 AM

If i enable ffdshow i can play youtube videos but the problem is that this movie i told you about it will crash bsplayer. What can i do?

Tizio 16th October 2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black_ps (Beitrag 38835)
Ok,first i want to tell you that i`m using 250 1012 now the problems.

1). I think this version has problem with fdshow codec and it will crash bsplayer on some avi files "like http://www.ted-4you.do.am/load/termi...2009/1-1-0-413 " click continue and download this movie.
2). Go at options ,File types select all ,associate them,restart computer start bsplayer and go again at File Types. See pic.
3). I go and open a youtube file,first it will freeze then it will tell me something about unknown format , tell i'll have only Audio but not video,this if i`m not using "Always try to play Youtube video in hd" with this option will freeze and not work at all.

v2.50.1015 here.
1. I've not downloaded that file, so I can't test this
2. Same behavior here, without the need to restart the computer. (Windows XP SP2 fresh reinstall)
3. Can't confirm, I have been able to play all youtube files I tried so far (HD and not). Can you provide some problematic link?

black_ps 16th October 2009 03:13 PM

With any link not a specific one...it's working if i enable ffdshow but i can't enable it as i have crash with some avi movies,is there any other codec that i can use to play youtube video and not ffdshow?

Thanks.

Tizio 16th October 2009 03:39 PM

Back in 2003 adicoto listed a sum of codecs to decode different streams. As for Flash videos here's the extract from his post:

1) First install FLV splitter:
SourceForge.net: Guliverkli2: Downloading ...
THEN
2) install FLV decoder (NOT needed, if you already have FFDshow installed) ffdshow tryouts | Official Website

As you can see (and as I remember) there were only a ffdshow decoder at that time with the (still actively developed) guliverkli splitter.
I think you have to make ffdshow to work, to be able to play flv files

black_ps 16th October 2009 04:41 PM

I have installed this codecs but bsplayer has a problem with ffdshow ,anyway thanks..i have seen many problem with ffdshow ,i mean bsplayer has problems from some years with ffdshow it was working until bsplayer_pro250.1013 or something or a little lower like 250.1010

Thanks.

BSPeter 16th October 2009 07:03 PM

Playing flv-media overhere with ffdshow-filters and Gabest with no problem whatsoever.
http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-report...html#post38839
:wink:
I personally have never ever encountered any problems using ffdshow-filters in BS.Player (even if I 've mostly used i.a. DivX5.2.1 for avi and Elecard for mpeg).

Tizio 16th October 2009 10:50 PM

Me neither, I used to use DivX 5.2.1 to decode my AVIs some years ago, then switched to ffdshow and since then I never encountered particular problems between ffdshow and BSplayer, and it's at least a couple of years that I can play all kind of FLV files in BSplayer flawlessly ;)

black_ps 17th October 2009 03:28 AM

I uninstalled the codec pack i hope now it will work. :happyroll:

black_ps 17th October 2009 01:19 PM

Forget to tell you that ffdshow will crash bsplayer on that movie i told you about if i install it on system not locally just in bsplayer.

adicoto 18th October 2009 09:32 PM

At that time, there was a link to a FLV decoder, but meanwhile my post was edited. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio (Beitrag 38912)
Back in 2003 adicoto listed a sum of codecs to decode different streams. As for Flash videos here's the extract from his post:
THEN
2) install FLV decoder (NOT needed, if you already have FFDshow installed) ffdshow tryouts | Official Website

As you can see (and as I remember) there were only a ffdshow decoder at that time with the (still actively developed) guliverkli splitter.
I think you have to make ffdshow to work, to be able to play flv files

Tizio 19th October 2009 09:23 AM

Really? Can't remember about it :tonguey:

black_ps 20th October 2009 07:22 PM

New problem,i check "enable advanced plugins support" and then i go and check this and it's unselected,bug? same as select all from files types ?