Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th February 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Spatulaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No asian font in playlist under Win2k (fine in skin)

I see Japanese characters just fine in the playlist under Windows XP, but under Windows 2000, I just see blank spaces. I am using Build 494 and the same skin on both computers; the characters show up just fine in the skinned controls window, but as I said, not at all in the playlist.

Under Win2k, I have my default language set to Japanese, and all of the Japanese language packs, etc., are installed. According to the skin, I'm using the same font for all functions, so it can't be that...

What I suspect is happening is that no font in particular is being specified for the playlist, so under Win2k, it just uses the default font for that widget type, which just happens to have no Japanese character support. Under WinXP, more of the fonts have better alternate language support, so this doesn't happen--it either defaults to a different font, or the font subsystem automatically trades in a better font. So to fix this, is there any way that we could, maybe, get a "select playlist font" dialog somewhere, for Win2k users?

Thanks. :)

Tags
asian, fine, font, playlist, win2k