Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19th November 2010
BS.player Regular User

aireca is on a distinguished road
Default Multimedia Keys are Locked

Is there a way to don't lock all the multimedia keys when BSPlayer are on TOP?

I know that there are the option to "Ignore volume keys" & "Enable global support for multimedia keys"

DESELECTING "Ignore volume keys" works OK but DESELECTING "Enable global support for multimedia keys" just works if BS.player are MINIMIZED

So is pretty annoying because i have a lot of keys to open excel, word, emails, etc and none of these works until i close or minimize BSPlayer

thanks in advance

Last edited by aireca; 30th November 2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 19th November 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

If you use a lot of multimedia keys to open excel, word, emails, it seems a better option to leave the box "Enable global support for multimedia keys" deselected/unchecked.
Is it?

Note: in BS.Player's keydefinitions you can opt to (individually) set any defined key as a global key (for BS.Player) by checking/selecting the box "Global key".
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 30th November 2010
BS.player Regular User

"Enable global support for multimedia keys" deselected/unchecked.

ONLY works if BS.player are minimized so whats the point?

I want to use multimedia keys to open other software when BS.player are on top

is there a way?

BS.player locks ALL the multimedia keys even the ones that are NOT IN USE
by BS.player

By "Lock" i mean the key cannot be used to their original assignement like "open excel", it just do nothing....

DESELECTING "Ignore volume keys" works OK but DESELECTING "Enable global support for multimedia keys" just works if BS.player are MINIMIZED

I can report this as a bug, Feature, etc????

Last edited by aireca; 30th November 2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 30th November 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Can someone please test/confirm this?
(I'm not using a multimedia keyboard)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 1st December 2010
BS.player Regular User

I have 2 PCs with Windows XP SP3 one have a "Perfectchoice" keyboard i think its a generic brand, the other one have a "logitech" keyboard

On the two PCs have the same issue

Tags
keys, locked, multimedia