Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th December 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Niiub is on a distinguished road
Default Security issue BS.Player Free?

Hej Guys i wrote some days a email to the support but got no response.
I made a security audit of the BS.Player Free, and found a possebility to take controll of the Process if someone start a manipullated XYZ file with the Player.
Let's look at some Screenshot: [removed]

you see the loaded BS.Player in a debugger and you see the overwritten XYZXYZ it means we can take controlle of the Process and let execute some evil code.

I don't know if the Pro version is alsow affected, but i think so. It have to be fixed bevor some people try to use this bug and attack the customers. If the developers are interested in the manipullated file and more Information please Contact me.

Thanks,
Niiub

Edit//

Thanks BSPeter hope they can fix the security issues. :) For Help contact me by email or PM :)

Last edited by Niiub; 9th December 2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 9th December 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I copied full contents of your post to a non-public area of the forum and will ask a BS.Player team member's attention to it.

[I edited a part of your post; but only here, not in the copy.]
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 10th December 2010
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Thank you for reporting. Will be fixed in next version.

Tags
buffer, free, overflow