Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 15th April 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Metti is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with fullscreen HD playback on 2.5.7

Hi
I have used BS-player for long time and i like the functionality of this media player. it simply has everything i need. It worked perfect until yesterday when i upgraded it to version 2.5.7.
the problem is that when i play any HD video and double click to full screen after some seconds the film hangs like it goes from and back with 2 frames, it works perfect when i put it back to the window view.
I downgraded BS- player to an old version and it works fine. the only problem with the old version is the subtitle downloader doesnt find any subtitl.
Does anyone know about this problem? i would really like to use the new version if it works. any help appreciated
Old 19th April 2011
BS.Player Newbie

AndreiTV is on a distinguished road

Hey BS-player wizards,

I am also finding this issue with the latest release. I haven't yet tried the downgrade to 2.5.6 but have found that if I stretch the movie window to the same size that the full-screen takes, I don't see the issue.
For me, it behaves somewhat along the lines that the movie stutters, repeating approx. the last second for maybe 10-20 seconds at a time. The player"catches up" and plays well for a period of time and then may do this again.

Movie specs:
X264 MKV
System specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core 2 Duo (E6850)
XFX Geforce GT 8800

I've read somewhere that it may be an issue with the MKV specification, but I don't want to throw buzz words about stuff that I don't fully know how it works. The indication was to read:
Compressed Headers | Matroska
and download an mkv clean package.

HTH.

>>> Quick update, full specs for a movie that has the same problems. Apologies for the unnecessary parts.

General
Unique ID : ...
Complete name : ...mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 1.09 GiB
Duration : 42mn 59s
Overall bit rate : 3 638 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2011-04-19 xx:xx:xx
Writing application : mkvmerge v3.0.0 (...) built on Apr 19 2010 11:58:49
Writing library : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 8 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=6, N=25
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate : 3 188 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.144
Stream size : 959 MiB (86%)
Writing library : x264 core 104 r1688 0b36c6d
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=8 / deblock=1:-2:-2 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=5 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=3188 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Language : English

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 138 MiB (12%)

Last edited by AndreiTV; 19th April 2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 15th June 2011
BS.Player Newbie

sanderverbeke is on a distinguished road

I have the exact same problem. It seems not te be a codec issue, for every movie plays well in Media player, VLC, and even in video editing software I have.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall several matroska splitters, disabled and enabled the built-in codecs from BS player and so on... The problem persists.

I am glad to have found out that the problem is not occuring in 2.56.
I will be downgrading immediately!
Old 16th June 2011
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Tried new beta 2.58?
Old 26th July 2011
BS.Player Newbie

NubCake is on a distinguished road

Hey, i have the exact same problem, but i noticed what's wrong (ofcourse i have no idea how to fix this), but that happens only when Subtitles are displayed and till the end of that subtitle, when there are no subtitles, everything works just fine + this only happens in fullscreen mode (double click) playing .mkv files, if you dont have fullscreen, everything works just fine...

I didnt have that problem before i buyed the new monitor, now i have "Samsung SyncMaster TA550" and i have that problem =/ No idea what to do, since i tried some other players and it works fine on all of them...

And yes, i'm using BS Player 2.58 Beta
---
Slovenian:
Lahko pa še slovensko povem, bo mogoče malo bolj natančno, torej se zgodi samo, ko hočem gledat .mkv film in samo, ko preklopim v fullscreen način, v bistvu "štekne" slika, par frejmov se predvaja naprej, par pa nazaj, to se zgodi samo takrat, ko se pokažejo podnapisi, torej, ko se podnapis prikaže, se zgodi to, ko zgine, pa je vse tako kot mora bit, torej, če izklopim podnapise, deluje vse brez problema, mam pa BS Player 2.58 Beta.

Ta problem pa se mi dogaja sedaj, ko imam novi monitor (katerega ime sem napisal zgoraj), prej teh problemov nisem imel, mogoče je problem, da je ta monitor 16:9 widescreen (torej pri gledanju nimam zgoraj nič črnega, ker monitor pokaže celo sliko), prej sem pa imel 4:3 (in sem imel zgoraj in spodaj malo črno, ker je bila pač slika predolga) in seveda ni bil FULL HD.

In pa, če še to kaj pomaga, to se mi dogaja, ko gledam The Big Bang Theory, natančneje (720p.HDTV.x264.AC3-CTU).

LP
Old 8th August 2011
BS.Player Newbie

glennie74 is on a distinguished road

I encountered the same problem with BS player skipping on full screen play with subtitles. I solved this problem by deselecting "enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer" in the subtitle properties tab on the sutitles settings in the preferences menu. EVR render is still enabled, subtitles work perfectly and no stuttering. Maybe this will help? The stuttering was only a problem for me when subtitles were displayed.
Old 16th February 2013
BS.Player Newbie

carlr1990 is on a distinguished road

I have been getting this error since a long time and could never figure out the cause as it would work fine initially on a a new OS install or new PC and after some time give this same error.

Other Solutions to this are, changing video rendering to Internal renderer overlay OR change the PAN scan(Other than 0) in the EVR(Enhanced Video Renderer).

However, I've discovered if your PC resolution is 1366x768 it will give you this Subtitle stutter (lag) error in full screen.

The SOLUTION is to change resolution to 1360x768 and it should work fine in EVR and even if the PAN scan is 0.

Hope it helps.

Tags
fullscreen, playback