Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27th February 2012
BS.Player Newbie

erkotion is on a distinguished road
Default Subtitles - HELP!!!

I am having a problem with embedded ass/ssa subtitles from mkv files, I mean the karaoke effect doesn't work at all. When I use a normal avi file then it works. Secondly I want to express that other programs like Media Player Classic, VLC player and what is funny even Windows Media Player perform this Karaoke effect without any problem . I am using BSPlayer 2.61 Build 1065 and Media player codec pack v3.5. From my own experience I have noticed that DirectVobSub emulates this kareoke effect the best, as it does in Windows Media Player, in other players I don't remember. But in BSPlayer its capabilities are somehow limited. I suppose that it uses to many codecs/filters for subtitles. Ffdshow has options for subtitles, Haali media splitter as well. Believe me I tried every single option to change these settings but without any result. All codecs are up to date. I am not a programmer so I am talking gibberish right now, but I hope you understand me. This effect should be automatic and it is in the other media players, even Windows Media Player. Other people tried to discuss this problem, however no-one helped them.
One girl was talking about EXACTLY the same

http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-ta...ease-help.html

and her main problem wasn't fixed. Another person wrote about something similar, maybe not really related, but I also tried the suggestions he received and it didn't work as well.

http://forum.bsplayer.com/subtitles/...displayed.html

I hope that you don't want to be worse than Windows Media Player.
I would be grateful if you corrected this shortcoming. I wouldn't like to change BSPlayer to another one. I hope you will help me.

Last edited by erkotion; 28th February 2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old 28th February 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Could you send us a link to such a file ? I personally don't have such files to test, but I recall that advanced ASS/SSA support isn't implemented in BSPlayer yet.
BSPlayer uses it's own subtitle rendering engine, but if you enable intermdiate filters in filter management, you can force BSPlayer to use VSfilter (directvobsub). You may also need to check in Vsfilter forced load.
Old 28th February 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Thank you for your reply. I think that this anime is the best example as its opening has a quite complicated karaoke effect.

[Doki] Guilty Crown - 14 (1280x720 h264 AAC) [FC675E42].mkv Torrent Download

Try to play it with BSPlayer and Windows Media Player or any other player, you will see the difference. When I get home I will try to do what you suggested, I hope this will work.
Old 28th February 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Thank you very much. It is working now. But you forgot to mention to disable subtitles from BSPlayers subtitle rendering engine (rightclick/Options/preferences/subtitles). It took me some time to figure this out. Thank you again .

Last edited by erkotion; 28th February 2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 29th February 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Sorry, my bad.
Subtitles look wonderfull, but yes, no karaoke effect.

Tags
embedded, mkv, properly, subtitles, work