Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

tk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default incomplete fullscreen

When I switch to fullscreen mode, player shows only 2/3 of the picture. The lower part of the picture is gone. Help!
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Press [5] on numeric keyboard.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

This did not help. It's not the resizing problem, I guess.
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Master

Maybe a Pan-Scan then? Press [O] (letter-key) (or [Shift]/[O] for custom pan scan).
Can you "free resize" movie by Ctrl+4/6/8/2 and thus reach its normal size?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Master

By the way: are you using latest build (i.e. 501 of Sep 6)?
If your version is pre-build 500:
Install 500 http://www.bsplayer.org/dlfile.php?s...lay086.500.exe
and subsequently place the substituting files of build 501 http://www.bsplayer.org/dlfile.php?fname=bsplay.zip in BSPlayer's installation directory, overwriting/replacing the existing files).
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

I have the latest version installed and all resizing controls work. The problem is I could only resize the the upper part of the picture. The rest is just gone. I have the same problem when trying to play movies using Divx player too.
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Master

What happens if you change resolution?
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Master

Yet another possibility:
http://support.divx.com/cgi-bin/divx...Z2U9MQ**&p_li=
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Bs=Best is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
When I switch to fullscreen mode, player shows only 2/3 of the picture. The lower part of the picture is gone. Help!
I had same problem. But when I put overlay mode 2 on, the picture shows normally.
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

When I put overlay on 2, this did not change anything. The I unchecked USE OVERLAY and the picture is normal now. Thanks for clue, Bs=Best.
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Master

Pffft! Excellent idea to post your own experience Bs=best :idea:
This proves that this forum is very usefull indeed! :D
Users helping each other to solve a problem. That's the spirit!
Next time tk you will be able to help others too on the basis of your own experiences.
Old 10th September 2003
BS.Player Power User

trodas is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, but the truth is, that build 500 have the horizontal 2/3 scale bug, even in window, and using mode2 overlay is just a workaround.

bst already fixed this into build 501 (download latest night build... ), so, not need for workarounds, when real solutions are there :twisted:
Old 10th September 2003
BS.Player Master

trodas please look seven posts up this thread to what I told tk
According to what tk replied six posts up this thread he's already using build 501 of Sep. 6!
So ... how do you mean ... real solution (as compared to a "work around" or
maybe you wish to call it even "phoney" solution? I think just using a standard
build-in option of BSPlayer, can hardly be called a "work-around", especially
not if it works!)
Old 16th September 2003
BS.Player Power User

trodas is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, quite frankly, he never mentioned what exact version he using, so, it might not well be the latest...
Not much peoples using the nighty builds and some get confused... :roll:

Anyway, everything thats used to minimize the known bug is a workaround. Especialy using mode2 or disabling overlay at all, because both things have affect to performance, and the last one likely a little bit to quality as well (hardware color conversion space can be accurate, while software tend to be less accurate, because this way is faster )

So, i insist - workaround is everything, that is done in order to minimize bug impact to overlay user experience with a program :twisted:

Tags
fullscreen, incomplete