Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

backitow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The program stops when I try to open a file

I open the program, but when I press L, or click in the button to open a file the program stops and I have to close it using ctr+alt+del. I don't know what happened, the program was nice before.
Old 17th September 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Could you perhaps give a wee bit more information ?
(Click on Help to Help hereunder)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 19th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

I open the program without problems. Then I press the button to open a video, or press L, or click with the right button and choose Open File, and the program stops. That cursor that means I have to wait appears and nothing happens. The box where you choose the file doesn't appears. Then I press ctr+alt+del and the program is not responding, and i have to close it. Some time ago the program was ok, i used it a lot and is a very good video player. I don't hae any idea of what could be causing it. This is all the information I can give you.

Thanks
Backitow
Old 19th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

The version of my bsplayer is 0.86 Build 500.
Old 19th September 2003
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitow
The version of my bsplayer is 0.86 Build 500.
Could you please first upgrade to the latest version, i.e. "Build 501, 16 Sep. 2003"?
(There is a link to the download page in 1st item of Help to Help hereunder; you only need the installer (the nightly build concerns no upgrade at present))
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 19th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

djargad is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same problem too(see topic: http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=2501)

I installed build 501 but the problem remains.
What is most annoying though is that this happens only with divx encoded .avi file. Anything else works just fine
Old 20th September 2003
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by djargad
this happens only with divx encoded .avi file. Anything else works just fine
From your other post I understand that you may probably be running Windows NT. In as far as I know present days' DivX isn't really supported for Windows NT. Anyhow, DirectX 7 or 8 is required. Could that perhaps explain your experiences?

(Edited PS added)
P.S.:
Meanwhile checked DivX Knowledge Database: it mentions as Operating Systems supported: Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000 or Windows XP (with DirectX 7 or 8 installed).
Old 20th September 2003
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

BSPlayer don't work under NT. But it doesn't crash, it pops up a message "directx 7 or later requiered" or something like this. Check that you have directx9 at least and divx 5.05. If not, install them.
Old 20th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

eny is an unknown quantity at this point

BSplayer used to work fine for me. But since I installed the new codecs divx 5.1, I have the same problem. I mean, when I try to open a movie, the hourglass appears but nothing happens and i have to close it with crtl+alt+del.

Uninstalling divx 5.1 and bsplayer and installing bsplayer again doesn't solve the problem. :(

I'm using bsplayer 0.86 built 500 and Windows ME.

Any ideas how to solve this? :roll:

Thanks
Old 21st September 2003
BS.Player Master

I've also Windows Me and DivX5.1 installed and BSPlayers latest build (i.e. Build 501, 16 Sep. 2003) and ... no problems whatsoever !
Perhaps download the latest installation build from the creator's (=bst) website. (See 1st item of Help to Help hereunder).
Old 21st September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

I tried the build 501 and the problem remains

Also I've tried other player (divx player) and it does tha same...hourglass waiting for nothing. So if this is not bsplayer's fault, maybe divx 5.1 has damaged some system files. :shock:
Old 21st September 2003
BS.Player Master

Or the DivX installation-file you used was corrupted?
Unless you downloaded (free version http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX51Bundle.exe) it again when you installed it the second time (and didn't again use the file earlier downloaded installation file)
Old 21st September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

ok i'll try, and let you know...tomorrow

thanks baby :D
Old 21st September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

I see that there is a conflict about my Winodws OS.
I don't use windows NT.My OS is Windows XP SP1.
And something more. As I have said to another thread,
BSplayer was working just fine until one day "it" happened.

Please heelp!!!

P.S. I don't think the codec is the source of bad.I had divx 5.0.5 instaled when the problem occured.I installed divx 5.1 and the problem remained.
Old 24th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

I encoded my first movie with .ogg sound.As a result I got an .ogm file
which works just fine in BSPlayer.

So the only thought that comes to my mind about the problem is that
it's an audio problem.And i say that because all of my previous movies have MP3 sound.

So the solution could be to the MP3 codec.Could somebody tell me what excactly do i hava to install so that things work fine(i hope)?
Old 29th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

loyalle is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm not sure for winxp, but check the "multimedia" or sound properties and look under filters/devices installed. see if your mp3 codec (Fraunhofer or Radium possible) is installed. i'm thinking if your program keeps crashing when u open a movie, means that the sound or video filters are 1 cause, not just BSplayer.

try this mp3 spund filter that i use, Odio Dekoda by Moonlight/Elecard: http://www.moonlight.co.il/download/OdioDec.zip and see the forums at http://www.elecard.com here. all the best in fixing it! =)
Old 2nd October 2003
BS.Player Newbie

jorgealberto2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The program stops when I try to open a file

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitow
I open the program, but when I press L, or click in the button to open a file the program stops and I have to close it using ctr+alt+del. I don't know what happened, the program was nice before.
I have the same problem! I cant play video this way: by menu open (the program stops and i use ctr+alt+del). This problem happens in Bsplayer (501) and wmp 9 and other...

But I can play videos by double click in archive. But menu open ... not!!!!
Old 2nd October 2003
BS.Player Newbie

vicious is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DLL FUNCTION

when a try to open the program, the program don't open, and appear a message: "Error while locating a DLL function".Please help me
Old 2nd October 2003
BS.Player Master

Default Re: DLL FUNCTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious
message: "Error while locating a DLL function".Please help me
You probably need to install direct-X.
Old 5th October 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Manetheren is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a similar problem. When I try to open a DivX movie I get the message "Warning - Unknown file format (DIVX)". I'm running WinXP, DirectX 9.0B, BSplayer 0.86 Build 501 and I have DivX 5.1 installed. DivX movies are playing fine in DivX Player, WM Player, WinDVD etc.

Tags
open, program, stops