Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

LeQuack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bug playing ogg files with multiple audio streams (1.0 803)

I have several ogm media files, which hsve 2 audio streams. Most other players play them fine, but bsplayer has trouble opening them. Well not actually opening them but starting them, as they won't start once opened, no matter how many times you press play. But the second you change audio stream the file starts playing fine, and you can switch between the two audio streams normally, but it just won't start playing automatically.

I am using CoreVorbis audio decoder (Link)
and Ogg media splitter (Link)
The video is standard xvid.

In Ogg splitter you have a selection named "Always enable all streams", with this ON the above bug happens, however it plays fine when this is OFF, however you then cannot play the other audio stream, when you try switching in bsplayer you just get audio garble on the second stream.

I've also appended a small sample (6 MB) of one of the files mentioned before, so you can observe this by yourself.
http://freeweb.siol.net/dsedlar/sample.avi
Old 24th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Oh yeah and another bug with the newest build, when you set volume to 100% in fullsreen and then doubleclick the mouse to get out of fullsreen the volume is now 96%.
Old 24th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Another bug. When in fullscreen the default volume up/down keyboard buttons (UP and DOWN keys) do not work. However i can change the volume using the mouse wheel.
Old 24th November 2003
BS.Player Power User

JTHawK#2 is an unknown quantity at this point

in recent build its possible to assign different keys for full screen and windowed mode

so i think u have to check your settings ...
Old 24th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Oh, sorry din't notice that one, it works now yeah, although the first two bugs remain.
Old 29th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

bald42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bug playing ogg files with multiple audio streams (1.0 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeQuack
In Ogg splitter you have a selection named "Always enable all streams", with this ON the above bug happens, however it plays fine when this is OFF, however you then cannot play the other audio stream, when you try switching in bsplayer you just get audio garble on the second stream.
On my system it simply works (with "Always enable all streams" off), I can switch audio channels with no problems.... tested with your sample.avi and two-language .ogm files...
With "Always enable all streams" all stream are used simultanously - that is probably not what you want unless the audio is some home-brew 4channel surround stuff :) - and BSPlayer seems to not really like it either... or just can't decide which of the audio tracks to play and waits for your decision :)

May be you have got some filter installed which does interfere with ogg decoding? Do you use Directsound or WaveOut as output device?

Edit: Just noticed your Ogg splitter is 0.996 and mine is 0.995 - may be 0.996 is broken or somehow incompatible with BSPlayer - so try version 0.995 may be that might help...
Old 29th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Hey thanks for testing. Just tried again with "Always enable all streams" and it starts fine and plays the Nr. 1 stream okay, it's only when switching to second stream I get this weird sound like some alien transmission :)
Gonna try the 0.995 splitter later, but still I reported this bug mostly because it works fine with most other players.

Tags
multiple, ogg, playing