Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 31st January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

gregor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Version 1.00.805 is not starting up at all

The instalation freezes when it tries to execute it. I also tried with ZIP file but it doesen't help at all. Bsplay.exe just doesen't want to start up. It's remains in RAM though. Previous version worked fine.
i tried rebooting computer but it didn't help.

I have win 98
ATI Radeon 128MB
Celeron 1400
Old 4th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Strange.... It seems previous versions also don't start up. Only the debug version works. How come? Did anyone encounter similar problem?
Old 6th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

siteml is an unknown quantity at this point

Same problem here:

I used to have BSPlayer v086.501 installed, and it worked great, until recently. I'm not quite sure whether I must have installed some program or codec, one day I double-clicked the BSPlayer icon and... nothing happened (just the "hourglass cursor" for a second or two). I pressed ctrl+alt+del and checked if it even loaded and yep, it was there (bplay). Puzzled, I went on to the site to get the newest version (100.805), and the installation froze while executing "bplay.exe" ... I did ctrl+alt+del again, and sure enough, it had done the same thing. I end-tasked the program three times to complete the installation, but to no surprise, after the install the program still wouldn't work. I've tried reinstalling all my codecs, but to no avail. Any ideas?

My specs:
Windows 98
ATI Radeon 7200 64MB DDR
P4 1.7GHz

gregor: which Radeon card do you have? Maybe it is related to the specific gfx card and/or win98?
Old 6th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

i have Saphire Radeon 9200 128MB vivo. it's actually powered by ATI card and not original ATI. but i remembered i had a same problem with my previous card which was Rage 128.

as i wrote funny how the BSPlayer version 0.86 Build 493 version that is actually debug version works fine. i haven't tried the newest debug version because i want to know why i am having problems with this one.

It's true i haven't got the latest card drivers but i don't think it has anything to do with it. Does BS Player actually support win 98? why it wont start up? At least an error message would be good.
Old 6th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

siteml is an unknown quantity at this point

You have said the debug version (though you used an old one) worked fine for you. I will try and see if that is true for me as well. It seems the problem might be either in all ATI cards (which appears a little far-fetched), or it might be something within Windows 98 itself.

All in all, at least I'm happy that I'm not alone with the problem ^_^

and, I'm curious to find out what is the cause :)

Tags
starting, version