Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   problem with video/no picture, sound is ok. (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=3976)

serpent123 12th February 2004 03:22 AM

problem with video/no picture, sound is ok.

:cry:

Hi,

I'm having version 1.00 RCI, build 805, Dutch and I'm having trouble to get picture/video. The sound is good so what's the problem?? I don't know.
With other downloads I don't have this problem.
The problem file is :
Bruce.Almighty.(2003).PROPER.DVDRip.XViD-FTS
size 699 mb.

Hope to get help, thanks.

KazaaNova 12th February 2004 05:29 AM

The truth Is, The new version sucks ( Sorry Borris ) :wink: - If u still want to see ur movies, uninstall the new version , and install the former version 0.86 . ( u can find it in kazaa ) . It will work ( be sure to have installed the codecs ) .
Peace 8)

BSPeter 12th February 2004 10:46 AM

XViD encoded movies can be played using DivX.5.1.1., which (if you havn't already installed it) can be downloaded here. (Note: you need not install the player which is included in this "bundle"; you can simply deselect it).
In DivX5.1.1 codec, please check settings on Tab "Quality". These can be reached directly through [Start] "Programs"/"DivX"/"DivX codec"/"Decoder configuration Utility". If "Support Generic Mpeg-4" is checked (selected) it will also play XViD encoded movies.
You can also decide to play XViD encoded movies using XViD's codec, which you can download i.a. here.
To use that, you will have to leave the box "Support Generic Mpeg-4" of DivX-codec unchecked.
BSPlayer will then use XViD-codec for XViD-encoded movies and BSPlayer shows this under "Options"/"Filters", where you can also set codec's properties.
:wink:

Edited 17 July 2004: Link to DivX (5.2!) download address changed

serpent123 2nd March 2004 03:42 AM

problems

:D :D Thank you BSPeter !! It works !!

BSPeter 4th March 2004 09:52 PM

Glad having been of help to you!

chor 8th March 2004 09:42 PM

I too have the same problem. But I didn't have the problem before, I think I must have accidentaly adjusted the tools section wrongly.

I can see the video of normal MPEG files, but I can't see the video of asf and avi files.

Please help. Thanks....

jamesbfields 4th August 2004 09:09 PM

Same issue: good sound, no video

Trying to play DivX and XviD on Sony Vaio PII w/ 192MB RAM. Media Player 6.4 plays video okay, but the video sticks a bit when screen size is increased. Read on xvidmovies.com that bsplayer is much easier on CPU and RAM so I downoaded and installed. When opening same files I am getting no video but good sound. I have followed the advice on the previous post to no avail...

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
James

BSPeter 4th August 2004 09:38 PM

You didn't mention your CPU's speed, but I think your PC perhaps is at the edge for displaying movies smoothly, in which connection I would advise to try version 0.86 of BSPlayer in combination with ffdshow.
Please follow these posts

Lessien 20th October 2004 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
XViD encoded movies can be played using DivX.5.1.1., which (if you havn't already installed it) can be downloaded here. (Note: you need not install the player which is included in this "bundle"; you can simply deselect it).
In DivX5.1.1 codec, please check settings on Tab "Quality". These can be reached directly through [Start] "Programs"/"DivX"/"DivX codec"/"Decoder configuration Utility". If "Support Generic Mpeg-4" is checked (selected) it will also play XViD encoded movies.
You can also decide to play XViD encoded movies using XViD's codec, which you can download i.a. here.
To use that, you will have to leave the box "Support Generic Mpeg-4" of DivX-codec unchecked.
BSPlayer will then use XViD-codec for XViD-encoded movies and BSPlayer shows this under "Options"/"Filters", where you can also set codec's properties.

Edited 17 July 2004: Link to DivX (5.2!) download address changed

I tried that, it worked -- once, now I get the same problem even with everything u said done - :cry: