Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   can not load bsrendv2.dll (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=4121)

nagad 2nd March 2004 10:53 AM

can not load bsrendv2.dll

No matter what I did, whan I try to play a movie from cd with autorun, I get the massege "can't load bsrendv.dll". I work with the last version bsplay100.807, which I download from http://www.bsplayer.org/ and installed in my pc. I put evreything that is in bsplayer folder on the disc.
my autorun.inf file comes in this way:
[AUTORUN]
OPEN=bsplay.exe "Pulp Fiction.bsi"
icon=autorun.ico
Is there any one who can help me fix this problem.
thanks. :cry:

HackerWerger 2nd March 2004 03:14 PM

In order to launch BSplayer from a cd you need two files:
1) BSplay.exe
2) bsrendv2.dll

All you have to do is copy the above files into the root of the cd.
By the way, which autorun program do you use? :P

P.S. If you had used HW BSplayer Autorun Maker, you wouldn't have that kind of problem because it writes the necessary files (+ skin) into a folder and all that you have to do is to burn that folder!! :wink:

nagad 3rd March 2004 09:05 PM

Thank you for your answer

I used exectly those two files. What I did is copy the whole folder of the BSPlayer to the cd root, but even so I got the massege "can't load bsrendv.dll". For the autorun I am not using a particullary program, just a simple .inf file.

BSPeter 4th March 2004 10:09 PM

Re: can not load bsrendv2.dll

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagad
No matter what I did, whan I try to play a movie from cd with autorun, I get the massege "can't load bsrendv.dll".

Are you sure there is nothing mixed-up?
BSPlayer upto and including version 0.8.6 Build 501 contained bplay.exe and bsrendv.dll, whereas later versions (including most recent version 1.00 RC1 Build 807) contain bsplay.exe and bsrendv2.dll.
:wink:

pepi 5th March 2004 08:12 AM

I have same problem. I thick that BSPLayer have some problems runing from CD/DVD in version 1.xxx. There is no diference if you start BSPlayer with BSI/INI file or opening movie in GUI or from command line. There is another topic named "Bug reports / Can't run .ini file when running bsplayer 1.00.805 from cd" that writes about this problem.
I tried to put all BSPlayer files on DVD, but there is no difference. Allways the same problem no mater where BSPlayer files are placed or from where I start BSPlayer or where movie and subtitles files are.
Version 1.xxx of BSPlayer use bsrendv2.dll, but it reports that file bsrendv.dll is missing. I think that this is only uncorected error message from version 0.86xx.

Buda 10th March 2004 07:32 PM

Yes. Me too. If it start from HD it is working.
I do not understand why autors release 7 time this same bug.
Is not it interisting for autors that it is not posible start a movie from CD or DVD with .bsi or .ini file??????????
I and others reported many times this bug and nothing, no answer.
In new version bug is again.
I do not underestand.
I thing that it is a basic function for divx players.
Autors, please say if you will be think about this bug or it is not interesting for you.
Thenks.
Sorry for my english. :D
Buda

I use old version 0.86.500 and it is work correctly.

pepi 12th March 2004 08:39 AM

BSPlayer and MicroDVD --> same bug

The same bug has MicroDVD player version 1.2. Both works OK if they are started from HD, but fail if they are started from CD/DVD.
It is very interesting, that two players have the same bug. Maybe this is not a player bug.
There is another interesting think. I have done this. I have shared my DVD and maped this share to a drive leter on same PC. After this I had two drives. One is DVD and another is network drive, but with the same contents. If I start player from DVD it fails. If I start it from network drive, it starts OK, same as from HD. The same is for BSPlayer and MicroDVD player 1.2.