Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

WarR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default subtitles don't show up

hi there
i've bsplayer 805.27 . working in win xp
i've got some movies (divx and xvid) and downloaded the correct subtitles. all the subtitles are in .srt format.
if i play a movie in bsplayer, the movie plays fine, but i don't see the subtitles. i changed the name of the subtitlefile into the name of the movie file (without the extension ofcours), and copied them in the same dir.

if i play the movies with another player witch handle's subtitles, everything works perfect. the only thing is, that i can't play xvid with that player, so i prefer bsplayer.

can you please help me?
Old 14th February 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Check under rightclick > Options > Preferences > Subtitles ... that the box at "Subtitles disabled" is not checked. Also check other settings there.
Load a movie and load subtitles.
If they don't show please check settings under rightclick > Subtitles (is "Show subtitles" selected?) > Subtitle properties .... Select "Autoposition" to be sure that subtitles are not unintentionally shown somewhere off-visible-screen.
Please report back your results. Please also check if there is a green arrow shown in your system-tray when playing a movie with subtitles?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 15th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Darkintent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default There is a bug in the internal subtitle handler

It looks like when the creator "fixed" the subtitle support he/she borked the internal subhandler. [External subtitle handlers should not show up at all with bsplayer, unless it is a strange subtitle format. I am also pretty sure bsplayer supports .srt files.]I am getting the same problem with my ogm files, also mkv filenames are not displayed properly although dual subs seem to work now; (a file that has two sub streams actually plays correctly.) I hope he or she fixes this really soon.
Old 15th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

subtitles aren't disabled.
"Show subtitles" is selected
Autoposition doesn't make any differents,
and i can't see any green arrow in my systemtray

i don't fully understand what Darkintent says. i'm Dutch (also using dutch version of BSplayer)
Old 15th February 2004
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

First of all do we speak about avi files or ogg/mkv files ?
Second, the player that can't play xvid, what is it ? Playing don't depend on player but on filters (codecs)installed.
Other players uses internal engine or do you have Vobsub installed, or DivxG400 ?
Third, if you load another movie, using sub files for example, the subtitle is showed corectly ?
Old 15th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

i only have avi files.
if i play xvid files, i can only see long stripes on the screen (hard to explain right) with the other player (bsplayer plays everything fine).
i haven't installed Vobsub or DivxG400.

all the subtitles i got are in .srt format. but it's all the same with all movies.
Old 16th February 2004
BS.Player Master

Could you post something like 5 lines from your srt file here ?
Old 16th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

dutch subtitles...

Code:
00:00:24,400 --> 00:00:29,560
Aan het begin van de 21ste eeuw...

00:00:31,240 --> 00:00:35,000
brak de derde wereldoorlog uit.

00:00:36,800 --> 00:00:39,480
Degenen die het overleefden wisten

00:00:39,560 --> 00:00:46,000
dat de mensheid een vierde nooit

00:00:46,400 --> 00:00:48,640
te boven zou komen...
Old 18th February 2004
BS.Player Master

Perhaps check font and color of your subtitles?
(rightclick > Subtitles > Subtitle properties > etc.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 3rd March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

all on standard, and still doesn't work...
Old 4th March 2004
BS.Player Master

What is "standard"?
Please upgrade to newest version and let us know if problem stays.
Old 10th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

i mean that the subtitle properties are all on default.
newest version doesn't make any difference...
Old 11th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

jprbrasil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subtitles

Ok, now, BSPeter:

My subtitles don't show up either, and I've been using this fine program for quite a while, so I'm quite familiar with it's configuration. I can assure you that it's not that simple (subtitles on, color and font, etc...)

I'd reversed back to version 1.00 build 805 and it works great, so there must be a problem with the new version.

Here it's what happens, in some flicks the subtitles stars fine, then after some time, about 2 or 3 minutes, it's gone, to never come back, whatever it's format. Normaly srt. And's not with on particular movie.

Save the newbie troubleshooting, even though very concerning, it won't do it. If I can provide any other info, please ask.

Any one?

BTW: sorry about any bad grammar.
Old 13th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Boak is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here. I can't see subtitles in .srt format. I've checked everything - subtitles are enabled, font color black, background white (not transparent) and so on.
I use latest version of bsplayer.

So what the problem?

P.S. I have DSVobSub if it does matter....
Old 14th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Jae Yang is an unknown quantity at this point

WarR:

I think your problem is when the .srt format subtitle will not load on BSPlayer. you can check this by looking at the info near the slide bar (for the video tracking) it should tell you whether the subtitle has been loaded by BSPlayer or not.

If not loaded that means that the srt file is either corrupt or incorrectly composed. You can check this by trying to open the .srt file in SubSync, a program that allows you to sync the sub with time index, but this program will tell immidiately if the srt is corrupt or incorrect.

If it is incorrectly made, then what you can do with that srt is to convert the srt into .smi (or other subtitle format) and back into .srt format by using various converters you can find in the net. I used DVlad's srt to smi converter to convert one way

http://users.pandora.be/vlad/subsync/dvlad.htm

and then convert it back using program called SMI 2 SRT v 1.02.

http://shounen.ru/soft/smi2srt/

After converting from srt (that won't be loaded in BSPlayer) to smi and then from smi to srt, the converters should automatically correct the problem and you should be able to watch the movie with new srt.

Hope this helps
Old 14th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Boak is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Yang
WarR:

I think your problem is when the .srt format subtitle will not load on BSPlayer. you can check this by looking at the info near the slide bar (for the video tracking) it should tell you whether the subtitle has been loaded by BSPlayer or not.
In my case subtitles do load - I clearly see this indication with subtitle filename. By they just don't show up... It's a pity because another player shows them well, so subtitles file is ok. So what's the problem?
Old 14th March 2004
BS.Player Master

What overlay mode do you use ? Have you tryied to pres "s" two times in a row ?

Tags
show, subtitles