Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   SOUND PROBLEM FIXED!!! (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=4301)

movieman200x 28th March 2004 12:37 PM

SOUND PROBLEM FIXED!!!

Hey guys... I have used BSPlayer for some time and have always found it to be THE best media player available. I love it!

So here's the deal. I had the player on my computer for over a year with no problems. I recently did the dreaded "format" and re-installed windows. I then re-installed the latest version of BSPlayer and viola, video, but no sound.

I tried looking everywhere in these forums for an answer, to no avail. Alas, I happened across a solution by complete mistake, but fixed my sound problem.

That's right... I FIXED THE SOUND PROBLEM!

Here's what I did (keep in mind that it may not work for everyone, but it did for me):
  • ---In your list of installed programs (Start menu) there should be a new entry called "ffdshow." Go there and click on "Audio filter configuration."
  • ---Click on "Codecs" under the tab on the left (if it isn't already selected)
  • ---Find "MP3" under the heading "Format" and click on "disabled" directly to the right of it.
  • ---Click on the down arrow that appears next to the word "disabled" and click on "mp3lib."
  • ---Click "Apply" then "Ok"

That should be it. Note that this method might not work on your system, and my system was only haveing a problem with videos with audio encoded in mp3. Hope this helps at least a few of you :D

adicoto 28th March 2004 04:47 PM

Sorry to dissapoint you, but something is wrong on your computer. MP3 format is natively supported by Windows. Not any codec requiered to play MP3 files. But if you want also to encode MP3 format, DIvX 3.11 comes with a Fraunhofer codec also.

blueslady 18th April 2004 05:46 PM

No Sound, on reinstall

Help, this player is driving me to drink...I did install the code pack, players okay but no sound...before one skin played it, but would crash now the reinstall doesn't have a section like before to add sound options..help...evail via my emaill addy

blues..

Shootsy Ladders 18th April 2004 11:53 PM

Hi all.

I still have problems with the sound. I installed that codec but nothing. Does anybody have another suggestion?

Thanx..

Shootsy Ladders 19th April 2004 12:03 AM

Hi again... IT'S FIXED!!! :D What I did was to change everything there to sth else than "disabled". I don't know which is exactly the one that has to be changed, but... it worked, THANKS!!!!!!

paradox 20th June 2004 03:16 PM

hi !

i've still this problem with bsp, i cant have sound wiith my divx with mp3 sound >> 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3 (gspot)
anyway i have lame 3.96 installed ...!?

i ve tried movieman200x solution but i cant see mp3 case in codec tab of ffdshow config...

please help !

paradox 20th June 2004 03:58 PM

ok i solve my problem, i've just reinstall divx 3.11 codecs and it works fine now :P