Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

fontoledo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 5.1 sound on bsplayer

i just acquired a 5.1 sound system and i'm tryingto make it work on all my pograms but i dont know how to, in BSPLAYER.
actually it's really important cause that's thre reason why i got the woofer: watching movies.
Old 4th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

hazmat42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have a 5.1 soundcard and a 5.1 speakers hooked up to that soundcard, or are you trying to send the digital audio signal to an external decoder, like a home theater system?

Either way, you need to install either ac3filter 0.7 or higher or intervideo audio decoder 2.0 or higher. You can download ac3filter at www.doom9.org, and the intervideo audio decoder is found in a lot of
codec packs such as Nimo codec pack or Tsumami codec pack--both of which are found on a lot of sites including www.divx-digest.com.

BSPlayer has built in configuration options for intervideo audio decoder, right-click player>options>
preferences>intervideo AC3. There, you can choose either 6 speakers or SPDIF out for an external audio decoder.

For ac3filter, go to start menu>ac3filter>configuration, and you will see
the speakers options in the lower left corner, starting with 2 speaker mono (I think). Version 1.00 (I think) handles DTS.

If your soundcard does handle AC3, and you want to passthrough AC3 to an external audio decoder, there should be an option for digital our that you need to check (like mine, which is a Soundblaster Live 5.1 card).

Hope that helps
Old 4th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Default thanxxx

i did everything you said, and it worked. i'm really grateful
but there's still one problem that, happens also with other programs. my card is a Cmedia 8738 5.1 and I acquired a home teather Pc Tronix, APART. the problem is that the center speaker and the woofer are "inverted". i mean, in the volume control a control of one obeys the other. also the rear speakers sound very low, even when the volume is at his maximum.
Thanxs again.

pd: oh, i forgot. when i was toying with the options on the BSplayer audio menu, i dont know WHAT i did that a Movie (kill bill) lost the Voices. everything can be heard except for the voices. that's it. how do i fix it?
Old 5th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

If you go back to the intervideo AC3 options, on the right side of the window you will see the "vocal options" section. Check to see if you have "no vocal" checked or not.

As for your speaker problem, I'm afraid I don't know anything about PC
Tronix's HTPC or Cmedia soundcards. I'm not saying this to insult your intelligence, because everybody makes stupid mistakes (I know I've made quite a few in my life), but check to see if your speaker wires are properly hooked up. They probably are, but remember "Ockham's razor".
I would think that your soundcard has a test tone you can activate to at least determine if it is a speaker problem or a soundcard problem. I don't know how much you know about home theater systems, but you could try to troubleshoot by checking the following:

-If you have front speakers that run off of the subwoofer, check to see if your system has a "large" vs. "small" speaker setting. If so, make sure you select "large", otherwise you may hear little or no bass in the other speakers

-Check the crossover level of your subwoofer. This determines the threshhold at which point low noises will be handled by the subwoofer
(usually in the 40-100Hz) range. If it is too high, more of the sound might be handled by the subwoofer, making other speakers sound too weak or tonal). Also, subwoofer should have a gain control that you might want to lower.

-You should be able to adjust the output level of each speaker. Maybe you need to lower the dB level of the subwoofer, and boost center and/or rear speakers. Look for something that mentions "speaker chanels" or similar.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas. Hopefully, someone else may know what you need to do to fix your problem.

Good Luck!
Old 5th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

P.S. check out this post:

http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=4708

In my experience, I think AC3 is better supported than the author of the above post claims, but it's worth it to follow his advice for configuring your audio options.

Once again, Good Luck!
Old 6th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Default ok

Right
first let me thank you for the help, i been looking for this problem in a lot of audio cards tech support forums and surpriselly only in THIS one (wich has nothing to do with that) somebody has been of help.

i managed to play movies with all the speakers in bsplayer.the rear speakes are a little low and i dont know if it is normal for them to sound in a low volume or what. BUT (there is always a but) i still CANT make the CENTER speaker to sound. My system has an option to play FM radio, and when i put it ALL the speakers sound GREAT... i'm beggining to think that it is the card...(that's why i need to find a way to test ONLY the plug "center/bass" of the card) the problem is that as i've been in a lot of forums i've already seen people who have the SAME problem that i have. with the same card. so that gives me hopes to think there's a way to fix it. nobody has answeered them even though.

as for the advices you gave me, there a lot of things i don??'t know where to test. like that "large vs small" thing you said, or the other thing too.

thanx again. if you need information about my system, by card to know more please askme i will post it.
thanx again.
Old 7th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

gircobain is an unknown quantity at this point

Most mulitchannel cards have a tone test which allows you to certify that the speakers are correctly plugged in and working
If that is the case, play any troublesome file and in ac3filter config, make sure the output type is 5.1 (of course your file must contain 5.1 audio track) and the channels appear rendered in the output meter
Other than that, all I can think of is updating your soundcard drivers to the latest ones available :?
Old 8th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Default mmmmm

i played a movie and it was been played i opened the ac3 config pannel. but in the output nothing was moving. i also noticed that when i moved the controls of volume, vocal, etc... nothing happened.
what's goin on?
hope this is the problem of EVERYTHING bout the 5.1 stuff

Tags
sound