Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Nagon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Broplems at starting bsplayer...

I have tried to start bsplayer manytimes. And no result. I tried whit newest version of bsplayer and allso older, but I simply can't get that start...

Can anybody help me?
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

What is your Windows-version and from where did you download BSPlayer?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

I have Win98se.
And i have downloaded installers from www.bsplayer.org
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Master

What exactly happens if you startup BSPlayer from its shortcut?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Well... It loads a while. Then dunno... No program starts. It "takes" only memory... And slows computer. Nothing happened even I waited about one hour.
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Master

If you press [Ctrl][Alt][Delete] you can see that it is running?
Do you have a wallpaper active? What other programs are also running?
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Yes... That program is running. I allso have 5-10 other programs in use. one or two downloading program. One antivir program. mIRC, some printer things, daemontool. Those are the most used programs that are in use now... And wallpaper is active.
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Same old problem with some Win98 machines. Does anybody found a solution for it ? I haven't seen yet.
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Master

Just a wild idea: do you know what version of DirectX is installed on your PC? BSPlayer requires v7.0 or later version. You can check through [Start] > [Run] then type dxdiag.exe followed by [Enter].
(If you require a newer version just click on "DirectX" hereabove and download v.9.0b)
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

I have DirectX version 9.0b. Do you have any other ideas? I'm despare about this thing... Bsplayer is the only brogram that has worked correctly... (But I can't remember was that when I used WinXP... My CPU power wasn't enought for XP so I changed back to Win98 :/ )
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Master

So what CPU (and graphics card) do you have?
You did a full (re)format (FAT32?) and a fresh installation of Win98SE (with all necessary updates)?
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

I formated CPU. Installed all needed programs and drivers. I did also download all uppdates from microsoft. And it is FAT32.

I have 466MHz (celeron) prosessor, Voodoo 3 (if you should know what's the newest drivers for that? or/and where do I get those?) 320Mt RAM, I have no idea about motherboard, HD is only 10GB.
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Master

Do you have installed WMP 8 or 9 and it's codecs ? Or just the codecs ?
Just an ideea. As I've said, no solution was found on yor problem yet. And IE 6.0 or 6.01 ?
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Master

For voodoo3 (3dfx) drivers look here.
Further, in view of your PC's capacity, I think you've to many programs running at the same time and I also think you better go for a pre-1.0-version build of BSPlayer in combination with ffdshow. You already mentioned you tried an older version. Was that version 86 build 501 of 16-Sep-2003? If not, I would try that build. See this post.
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Well... One of my friend told me that NIVIDIA's newest drivers would work with voodoo... I have older version of it in cd and I looked it's file name... and its bplay086 maby the same? but that didn't work. And I use ffdshow. But I'll try download that wersion what you said.
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

No... Nothing happened whit that wersion...
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Master

Nvidia took up 3dfx. But the drivers for Nvidia videocards don't work on Voodoo cards. Don't try to install such drivers. There is a small comunity of developpers who create drivers for voodoo cards.

A google search may come up with something:

http://www.falconfly.de/voodoo3.htm
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Master

Found another site for 3dfx.
Don't know if Nvidia drivers would work, but I seriously doubt it!
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Master

Also:

http://www.nordichardware.com/interview/2003/3dhq/

http://www.driverscollection.com/?file_id=20942

But you didn't responded to my questions.
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Well... I have probaply WMP 9 and IE 6... I will glance trought thous web sites and try to get newer drivers for voodoo...

Tags
starting