Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th June 2004
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default Bug in v1.00 RC1 build 809 (16 Jun 2004)

Hi! Thanks for the good job and for the EQ return!!

BUGS
- Error during the installation. Selected language will not be loaded. After installation BSPlayer uses English instead.
- Error during the uninstallation. Once the process is completed, DOC folder is not deleted even if it is empty.
- Error in definition keys. Jump forward & Jump backward are flipped between Windowed/FullScreen Mode.
- Error selecting skins. It occours if you change skin 5-6 times, even if the skin is always the same.
- Error selecting skins before they are fully loaded. Buttons are all gray rectangles and right-clicking on the player causes the error appears.

SUGGESTIONS
- Skins: a "Show preview" picture and/or a "Apply" button?
- Translation: maybe the error dialog window can be added to the translatable dialogs...
- Equalizer: will it be skinnable? Accelerators available?

Thanks again and bye :)
Old 18th June 2004
Administrator
BS.Player Power User

Mat2000 will become famous soon enough

Please provide us with more details.
Operating system, graphics card, direct x version...
Old 18th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

januzi is an unknown quantity at this point

the same problem with language here

and ...

BSPlayer v1.00.809, Unhandled exception at EIP: 004B6CDE
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
Access violation at address 004B6CDE in module 'bsplayer.exe'. Read of address 00000000
EAccessViolation
, 0x00501F87, 0x00502185, 0x004539FB, 0x0044AD46, 0x77D33A50, 0x77D33B1F, 0x77D344F5, 0x77D34525, 0x77F75

click od continue twice and everything is fine
Old 21st June 2004
BS.Player Master

Hi Mat2000!
Are you asking me PC specifications for the Skin's problems?
My OS is WindowsME, graphic card NVIDIA GeForce2MX, DX is 9.0b. Anyway I had no problem with none of the previous versions you released... Moreover, in previous versions, the user couldn't change skin before the previous was fully loaded, whereas in build 809 the user can change skin whenever he wants, then I think it's a player's bug.
If you can't reproduce the problem I'll post the error message.
Thanks for the support. :)

A really annoying problem is the slow startup time of the program. I'm almost sure it's due to the exe-compressor/encryption and not to a program's fault, but... it's annoying. I hope it will be fixed. :(

Suggestions:
- If an instance is already running and the option "Allow multiple instances" is unchecked, opening another instance could restore the running instance and put it on top of the other windows.
- A "Browse for icons" dialog window to choose a custom icon for associated files.

Bye :D
Old 1st July 2004
BS.Player Master

-The new feature that reset the time elapsed when the "Stop" button is clicked doesn't work with the menu command "Close File".
-I don't know if it's a feature or a bug, but double-clicking on the main window causes the movie window to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode.

Bye! :D
Old 1st July 2004
BS.Player Master

Found some bugs when playing a movie frame by frame.

FRAME BY FRAME BUGS
- Is it possible to view more then 500 frames?
- This happens only sometimes: After viewing 500 frames (20 seconds), the feature "skip frame by frame" doesn't work until the current file is closed, even if the movie is been played and then re-paused.
- If the limit is 500 frames, then the buffer/counter of the frames skipped should be resetted after the movie is played again.
- When skipping frames for the first time audio is played; if those frames are re-skipped then the audio is (correctly) gone.
- When playing Frame by Frame a movie, audio should be disabled.
- It's impossible to go before the point where the movie has been paused (no matter what type the movie is).
- If the movie is skipped FbF and then stopped, the frames counter isn't resetted to 0.
- Sometimes, pausing the movie and frame skipping forward (keeping RIGHT KEY pressed for more then 2 frames) causes the movie to skip only for 2 frames, then skipping fw/bw is impossible until the movie is played again. This problem doesn't occour if the movie is frame skipped for 1 frame fw, then 1 bw, and then keeping RIGHT KEY pressed for more then 2 frames.
- Once the movie is Frame Skipped, it's impossible to move to a previous/next point in the movie by pressing on the Seeking Bar. This until the movie is played and then paused again.
- Maybe this could be a feature and not a bug, but when the movie is paused, then frame skipped and then restarted, the restarting point is not the last frame skipped, but the one where the movie was paused.

Bye!
Old 16th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Function 5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the language installation bug and the frame by frame playing bug mentioned above.

EDIT: on Win98 SE

Tags
809, rc1, v100