Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Kralsaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Picture is out

Hello
I don't find a precedent message about my problem so :
Before with my ancient version of BSp 809 all was right, tonight i dl the latest 810 and...bouh...
All my movies avi (i don't have another) rect as below :
i have sound but no pictures ???

Help me thanks

SD
Old 7th August 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Question:
Did you download BSPlayer as an .exe or .zip file and how did you install?
Simply installed or unzipped 810 "on top of" the existing installation or did you uninstall previous version first? If so did you also download and install previous (809) version as a separate program, or as part of a codec pack? (General advice: preferably stay away from codec-packs) Please let us know.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

First BSP was running and i would wath the last avi i have dl.
Only sound and no picture, so i try to see what's going wrong and seach in the differents menus(Preferences...filtres and so on) and a windows which ask to test for new version, i do and i dl the Installer version, have not uninstall the 809 and i think the 810 install over it...and now all my avi not only the latest have this prob.
I also install KLite codec pack but i can't say that the prob occurs before or not...but even i uninstall de Klite the prob stay

W

I hope i was clear enough...(and my english too...)

SD
Old 7th August 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Perhaps the new .avi movie you downloaded was created with a newer codec version than the one which was installed on your PC.
How to check if the required codecs are installed on your PC you can find out under item 2 of my Help-to-Help post, a link to which is at the bottom of all my messages.
Maybe it would be a good idea to download and install newest DivX codec and see what happens starting from there. In that connection please refer to this post (which also has link to the download-sites)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 8th August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Well...i don't where the prob was but i uninstall Klite codec, bsp and i reinstall bsp...its running for my old avi.

SD
Old 12th August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Mucreio is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I'm having similar problem for about 3 months now. I even posted a thread here at the time when someone told me it must be a codec conflict.

I uninstalled all codecs and installed KLite codec pack but the problem continued. I even uninstalled others players like Real Player, Media Player, Divx Playerr, Winamp etc.

When the problem apears I needed to restart the computer, and after watching some movies, when I open another the screen is "messy" with no movement but the sound is OK. When I change to "overlay Mode 2" the messy screen turn to be black.

As I watch movies on my computer with eMule working in background, restarting is NOT a good idea because eMule needs a long time to fully load itself.

So, what I do, when the problem happen?

1- Quit BSPlayer.
2- Open Real Player (the only one I've reinstalled) and play some movie, changing the view to full screen and back to original size two or three times.
3- Open BSPlayer and play some movie. If it is not OK, I repeat the 1 and 2 steps until get a clean picture.

If somebody knows how to fix this ploblem, I will be thankfull, because sometimes it take a lot of time.

I refuse to migrate to other player because BS is the best.

My config is:
Athlon 1800 (1.15 Ghz), Win2000, 768MB RAM.

Thanks,

Mucreio :D

Tags
picture