Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th November 2004
BS.Player Newbie

4NGI3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BSPlayer has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Hi I'm getting the following error message everytime I try to open a movie:

BSPlayer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I have checked the other posts and I'm not having problems with subtitles like everyone else who receives this message.

Its just not playing these files at all. They used to play no problems. I can't even open these files in WinDVD or Media Player anymore either. i just get the message of WinDVD/Media Player/ or BSPlayer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled BS Player version 1.02 (FREE) from http://www.bsplayer.org/index.php?p=...63dfc7d7255b20. I have installed FDD Show 20041012.exe and XVid1.0.2-29082004.exe from http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/

The files I am trying to open are .avi / .mpg you know, the usual.

Can anyone please help me with why I might be having so much trouble with this all of a sudden. The only thing that I have done different is that I copied some movies from a friend to my hard drive today and there was a file that was in .ogm format that i couldn't play, so i Googled "OGM File" and went to the following site to dload apps to be able to play the file: http://ld-anime.faireal.net/guide/ogm-en

When I dloaded teh apps, i was able to play the ogm file. But then I tried to open some other files that i was previously able to open via bsplayer and i got the BSPlayer has encountered a problem and needs to close. message.

I have since unstalled those apps that I dloaded and still having no luck opening my movie files.

Hope to hear from someone soon coz I got some great new movies i wanna watch and also got some great episodes of Family Guy too! =D

Thanks
Old 28th November 2004
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

First of all it will be good to know which dlls and aplications did you installed on the computer.
Second, what asociation did you made for the files ?
Third, when opening OGM files, in filters what decoder is it used ?
Fourth:

http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=3042

Fifth, can you start BSPlayer by itself ?
Sixth, if you click on "see here" (windows message), what is the module that windows declare to be the problem when starting BSPlayer ?
Old 29th November 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Ok first of all can I just say thank you for volunteering to help me out =D

The dll's installed for OggDS0995.exe were:
ogg.dll, vorbis.dll, vorbisenc.dll, DggDS.dll
C:\\winnit\system32\OggDS.DLL

When installing MKVinst_b94.exe before it installs it comes up with:
Destination location:
C:\Program Files\LD-Anime

Setup type:
Full installation

Selected components:
Matroska
Matroska Splitter 1.0.2.4
RealMedia Splitter 1.0.0.9
VSFilter 2.33b
Audio
CoreVorbis 1.0_20040823
CoreAAC 1.0b9

Third, when opening OGM files, in filters what decoder is it used ?
I'm not sure how do i find out? I can no longer open OGM files because i have uninstalled the above apps using their Unstall icon.

Fourth: do i need to install all the progs on the first post at... http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=3042

Yes i can start BS Player by itself and i can play about 2 or 3 movies but every other movie gets the error msg above.

and where do i click on "see here"??

Thanks.
Old 29th November 2004
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Windows error message have at the bottom a link to see what modules did render the error. Something like a blue "click here" or "see here" I don't recall exactly.
Read the post from the link above and install only what you need. XviD, DivX, MKV, OGM and one MPEG2
Old 30th November 2004
BS.Player Newbie

hey there, just wanted to say thanks for your help and i have fixed it.
all i did was uninstall bs player and DELETED the file completely from the hard drive (except the .exe file) by doing a search for "bsplayer" and deleting everything there. then i did a search for ffd show and deleted all files (except the .exe file).
reinstalled bsplayer and ffd show and all is working ok now! Thanks for ur help i really appreciate it. =D

Tags
close, encountered