Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th April 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Bboy_Burst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buffering

my bsplayer buffer now whenever i play a video file or skip forward the movie. the player doesn't buffer when it plays avi or mpg file. buffering takes forever. is there anyway i can stop it from buffering?
Old 9th April 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Pro- or Free version? Build? I understand no buffering with avi's or mpg's. But buffering problematic with which other type(s) of video-file? (Please read my Help2Help-post)
:?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 9th April 2005
BS.Player Newbie

i have both the free version and the pro version. it is bsplayer pro 1.10 build 814 22,jan 2005. it buffer on both version.
Old 10th April 2005
BS.Player Master

In news-section of BSPlayer it says (i.a.) "network buffer for mkv files was always enabled, fixed", so maybe better update to BSPlayer's present build (817).

(Direct links to downloadpages under item (1) of my Help2Help-post)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 11th April 2005
BS.Player Newbie

nope. i installed bs player 1.22 build 817 & it still buffer. it only buffer on wmv files. most of my videos are wmv so i really need to know how to stop it form buffering.

please help !!!!!!!
Old 11th April 2005
BS.Player Master

How is setting of
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > General > "Open locked mediafiles (files in use)" ?
Old 13th April 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
How is setting of
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > General > "Open locked mediafiles (files in use)" ?

i have try that setting before, but that is not the probelm. my current setting of the option is "off or unchecked." now i'm not sure where the problem is coming from. even with the updated version, it still buffer.

please help !
Old 28th April 2005
BS.Player Newbie

bwallace is an unknown quantity at this point

i had the same problem, but i got the newest ver. and it works fine now. even wmvs
Old 28th April 2005
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwallace
i had the same problem, but i got the newest ver. and it works fine now. even wmvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboy_Burst earlier
i installed bs player 1.22 build 817 & it still buffer. it only buffer on wmv files. most of my videos are wmv so i really need to know how to stop it form buffering.
:?: Newest version at present is version 1.22 build 817 (at least in as far that I'm aware of). :?:
Old 28th April 2005
BS.Player Newbie

MAN ITS MESSED UP AGAIN :evil:
Old 29th April 2005
BS.Player Newbie

oh well, i'm gonna wipe everything and install win xp sp2 on my computer anyways so it shouldn't buffer anymore after that.
Old 29th April 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboy_Burst
oh well, i'm gonna wipe everything and install win xp sp2 on my computer anyways so it shouldn't buffer anymore after that.
yeah it will... don't get your hopes up... just don't use BSplayer anymore until they fix it... thats what im doing. im using VLC just search google for it

Tags
buffering