Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2005
BS.Player Newbie

aikkon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AR in 1.32

i have just downloaded ver.1.32.
i use to switch every video to 4:3 AR in order to fill the whole screen and get proper view in my 16:9 TV. the problem is that with the new version , after i get 4:3, if i press any control key (pause, ff, etc) the video gets back to its original AR.

please check this issue or tell me how to solve.

thanks for this player
bye
Old 23rd June 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Settings which influence Aspect ratio can i.a. be found under:
(rightclick >) Video > Aspect Ratio > ...
(rightclick >) Video > Keep Aspect Ratio
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Playlist
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > General > Remember movie settings
((rightclick >) Playlist (at top-right))
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 23rd June 2005
BS.Player Newbie

aikkon is an unknown quantity at this point

first of all , thanks for your fast reply

but i think this issue is not a configuration problem but a possible bug (sorry :oops:)

i tell you the facts:
i open a video, i press "A" key twice to get 4:3 AR, then i press for example the space bar to pause, and in that moment the AR goes back to its original value(in my case it is 2.35:1), but if I make video->AspectRatio, the program keeps showing 4:3 as selected option.

I have also made the test of reinstalling ver1.22 over 1.32 (i suppose the settings remain the same) and the problem is solved. Then again i install 1.32, and the problem is back.

Thanks again. Don't know if it´s me who is making something bad, but i want to post what's happening in order to help that everybody gets the best player possible (well, its the best already) :oops:

bye and thanks
PS:my english is pretty bad and sometimes i cannot express properly what i want to say , sorry
Old 24th June 2005
BS.Player Master

Been able to reproduce (not only using cycle-option [A]-key but also when manually "cycling" through ..> Video > Aspect ratio > ..)
Bug confirmed for build 820 (irrespective of codec used) and not present in build 817. Thx.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 24th June 2005
BS.Developer
BS.Player Power User

bst will become famous soon enoughbst will become famous soon enough

Yes it's a bug, it's fixed in night build.
Download will be updated soon.
Old 26th July 2005
BS.player Regular User

Loopdemack is an unknown quantity at this point

How fast will be that night build, I cant stand this bug anymore, this bug which could hit all custom or other aspect ratios other than original, it can be triggered by skip, pause function in windowed or full screen, on some video materials, in full screen when you hit continuously skip or original panscan, video will zoom out, degree by degree in minus, till it can reach zero video 0picture size. Like you pan-scan out video.

If you are doing improvement, could you please, correct one old bug, which is presented in all latest versions (almost every started video material will be played instead of panscan 0.0% which is normal), it will play it at zoomed panscan, like 1,43%, 2,73%, 4.33% or more, we talked about that earlier, but you didn't fix that either. Could you revise startup of video size to pan-scan original or 0,0%.

Thank you.
Old 26th July 2005
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopdemack
How fast will be that night build, I cant stand this bug anymore.
Just like bst mentions in his post, he fixed it in the nightly build which he made available prior to his post. Apparently you've been unable to find this nightly build? Well, click on the link "Free version update page" in item (1) of my Help2Help-post a.k.a. "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING" (the nightly build is at the bottom of that Free version update page; it is the executable only with which you should replace the existing executable).
Old 29th July 2005
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Quote:
How fast will be that night build, I cant stand this bug anymore.
Just like bst mentions in his post, he fixed it in the nightly build which he made available prior to his post. Apparently you've been unable to find this nightly build? Well, click on the link "Free version update page" in item (1) of my Help2Help-post a.k.a. "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING" (the nightly build is at the bottom of that Free version update page; it is the executable only with which you should replace the existing executable).
OK, I didn't looked, down on that page, my bad.
But could you tell me about a second problem, will there be some kind of fix, or its decided at Bsplayer Team that second problem is not a problem.
Is there any setting in BSplayer.xml which could fix this annoying zoomed pan-scan.

@BSPeter, mate chill, don't be angry on me, we are here friends, I am not trying to offence BSplayer Team name, because I pointed to some bugs. I really like Bsplayer and I would like to see perfect Bsplayer without bugs. Ok M8.
Old 29th July 2005
BS.Player Master

Quote:
@BSPeter, mate chill, don't be angry on me, we are here friends, I am not trying to offence BSplayer Team name, because I pointed to some bugs. I really like Bsplayer and I would like to see perfect Bsplayer without bugs. Ok M8.
:?: :?: Why should I be angry ??
Old 30th July 2005
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
"READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING"
Because of uppercase, it seemed that you are shouting on me, or I thought you are shouting.

Ok forget about that, but mate, could you answer me about my second question, let me remind you bug with pan-scan, or when you play the video, you will get instead of original pan-scan, which would be normal to be 0,0%, you will get zoomed pan-scan from 1,1% to 5,1% in full screen.
Old 30th July 2005
BS.player Regular User

Or just give me some hope, that it will be fixed in the near future.
Old 31st July 2005
BS.Player Master

Quote:
...one old bug, which is presented in all latest versions (almost every started video material will be played instead of panscan 0.0% which is normal), it will play it at zoomed panscan, like 1,43%, 2,73%, 4.33% or more, we talked about that earlier, but you didn't fix that either. Could you revise startup of video size to pan-scan original or 0,0%.
Though I think to vaguely remember something similar, I've been unable to find your earlier post on this.
For your information and to avoid any misunderstandings, I'm not a member of BSPlayer's developing team, but just a user like yourselves, only trying to help other users.
As I cannot reproduce the error just some thoughts:
Pan-scan mode [O] (or Movie-mode [M]) is not switched on?
What happens if you depress [5] on numeric keyboard? (which resets pan-scan)?
If movies were played before, perhaps check status of "Remember"-settings (Pan-Scan and/or Zoom) under (rightclick >) "Options" > "Preferences" > "Video" > "General" (and perhaps also "Remember movie settings" under "General"; deselect/uncheck if set to make sure BSPlayer is nog using previous (unwanted) settings.
What happens if you use Overlay Mode 2 or NO overlay mode under
"Options" > "Preferences" > "Video" > "Video rendering"?
Geforce/ATI-graphics card & nVidia detonator drivers?
Old 2nd August 2005
BS.player Regular User

Ok thank you on your answer, I thought you are in BSplayer team, sorry.

As I told you, num 5 will reset the video size to original panscan or 0,0%, which is good of course, as I told, remember movie is not the case, firstly I don't have it checked in general options, secondly this bug can happen on first the time played video, or anytime played video.
I use Overlay 1 as a life only option, because BS player isn't so good with Overlay 2, (it has choppy playback on some fast scenes), Wmr9 standard or rendeless is so ugly filter that I cant stand it, not an a minute.
But I tried all overlay modes and results are the same.
I have WindowsXP SP2 slipstreamed and NVIDIA FX5900 card with 66.93 whql official drivers, on ASUS p4p800 motherboard with default Microsoft XP Intel drivers integrated in XPSP2 for IDE and AGP.

Tell me how do you know that your played video is in the original size, when you play video press num - and see what will be the first panscan number on the osd. Are you going to - numbers (-1,13,-2,23) or you'r going to zero number (-2.23,-1,13,0)?

I tried latest nightbuild and this bug is still present, I cant remember, but I think that this bug is from 1.00.817 version. I tried older versions and there is no problems whit this bug.
Old 2nd August 2005
BS.player Regular User

And please BSpeter be more serious, If you respect your knowledge, respect other,
I want comment for these:

Quote:
:)
1.Pan-scan mode [O] (or Movie-mode [M]) is not switched on?
2.Geforce/ATI-graphics card & nVidia detonator drivers?
Firstly because my pride wont let me answer on these two, secondly, I have somewhat of knowledge, like 12 certificates, (MCSE and MCSA) in spare time I am professor at on Microsoft school, I have engineer collaboration with IBM and JVC, I have some collaboration in engineering some video codec's and .... .... .... ..... I'm quite known on the group scene, only on another nick.

Please BSplayer team if you know the answer , give us one and if you don't know the answer please correct this bug in the new version.
I know its a small deviation in video size, 1%-5%, and you can correct it with num 5, buts its annoying bug.
Old 4th August 2005
BS.Player Master

OK, understood!
As I told you earlier: I'm just a user of BSPlayer and only as such and by trying to understand the problems posted and solutions found in this forum, I have some (albeit little) knowledge, which I nevertheless try to use to the advantage of other users. I tend to treat people always with respect and I do take their posts seriously. In fact the link which I (even if any information on the type of grahic's card you're using was failing) provided to the post "GeForce/TNT based card video problems" at DivX FAQs page proves that I also take the trouble to search elsewhere on the internet for possible answers to problems. I do not let my personal pride stand in the way when responding to posts. Further, I'm not psychic, so I have no way of knowing what posters do and/or do not know and what skills they have or don't have, unless they tell so in their posts. I hope some other user of BSPlayer's team is able to further help you. (It might be useful for them to i.a. know what codec(s) you're actually using for playback; you so far did not mention that).
:(
Old 4th August 2005
BS.player Regular User

Of course, I always used only ffdshow as the only codec, for Divx, Xvid, and Cyberlink Mpeg 2 decoder for mpeg2 and dvd's, but newer mind the codec's, because I tried to play materials via divx(5.2.0), xvid (1.02,1.03 and 1.1) and trough 10 latest ffdshow's codec's and its the same, all first time played video materials in full screen are pansacend to some little percentage (from 1%-5%).
Old 12th August 2005
BS.player Regular User

Hello again, because I see, that bs mannagmet didnt had any hearnig for my request, for last couple of months and I previously knew that old versions like 1.10 build 814 is free from this bug, I tried to use xml from previous version, and there is no bug with panscan any more.
I compared two xml files from old and new version and I found that these are the diffrent lines:

<PanScanSV type="int">2048</PanScanSV> this one is missing in old xml

<ZoomVSize type="int">708</ZoomVSize>- this one is from new xml
<ZoomVSize type="int">560</ZoomVSize>-this one is from old xml

<PlayWinPos type="int">4294836221</PlayWinPos>- this one is from new xml
<PlayWinPos type="int">0</PlayWinPos>-this one is from old xml

<MainWinPos type="int">0</MainWinPos>- this one is from new xml
<MainWinPos type="int">562</MainWinPos>-this one is from old xml

<vercrc type="int">20121633</vercrc>- this one is from new xml
<vercrc type="int">17827860</vercrc>-this one is from old xml
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These last tree are missing in new version, but they dont have anything with aspect or panscan.
<Dvfilter type="int">0</Dvfilter>-this one is missing in new xml
<ovClrCtrl type="bin1">-this one is missing in new xml
<VMRClrCtrl type="bin2">-this one is missing in new xml

I would like to say that I see in the first 7 lines, where is the problem. Do you see it like I did?
Old 12th August 2005
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Thank you for posting such information!
I hope that BST will fix the problem you have!

Tags