Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Elvendur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can't add subtitles

I can't add subtitles to my video using the program, I have the subtitles, I have that VodSub thing- don't know how to use it..- I tried dragging the subtitle file into the window, and it didnt do anything 'period', same with right clicking the window (screen) and going to upload subtitles, 'nothing' happens, don't ask 'did it do..', because it did 'nothing'.

P.S.
I was explaining the 'nothing' because people tend to ignore the 'NOTHING' type parts of my postings whenever/wherever I post.. Thanks all that help, and thanks all that try/tried to help. I'll be watching this topic o.o;; (I want to watch my damn FF7:AC -.-))
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Hi!
Latest BSplayer's version doesn't need VobSub to be installed on your computer, you have to go in Subtitle preferences (CTRL+P then Subtitles), select VobSub tab, and select the option "Enable VobSub support" (maybe also check the option "Load subtitles into memory").

Then as you did before, right-click on Movie window and select "Load subtitles..." menu item. There you can select the desired file for subtitles.

Once the subtitles are loaded (you should have now enabled subtitles items in BSplayer's menu, if you have not, then the subtitles were not properly loaded), try changing subtitles position on the screen through the subtitles menu items (try automatic position, and if it doesn't work use custom).

If subtitles are properly loaded and you still can't see them, try to select the option "Draw subtitles to Overlay surface" in Subtitles preferences.

To know more on loading and manage subtitles, read BSPeter's "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING" post (aka Help2Help) item (9).

I hope this could help you, and I hope to have not write nothing concerning you "nothing" thing :P
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

If its version 1.36? Or something, im using it, its all auto-enabled. Could someone give me a 'worst-case sanerio' 'how-2-fix-it'? Because I still have no idea whats wrong -.-;;
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Hmm.. Do I need a 'paid' for version to have the subtitle feature? *sigh* If so could someone.. I guess you couldnt tell me of another player, could you..? :roll:
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

What format is the subtitle file ? If you open it with notepad does it look like a normal text file. Or is it in rar/idx format ?
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Name: bien-xvid-ff7
type: Subtitle File
Size: 1,888 KB

Its a lot of giberish, heres a example:
?D<”\?‰?? ?¬??!?#`:  ‚ ü
ËA?ApH ü üÁ?L?o‹¶V??? ü ?«ioKek$ËmaqOB6–'‹ióËik ü ËikiavV7eaúa4ö"!k‹ek ik ü –?oia2m?AvÖeo?š‹io<?k ü O–¶–¶‘r!?A6ô¶V7–? eg?4?k ü ?–ö¶–´+Ö$??kAqgi?¶kA±‹–° ü Â?kök<ö‘v5kKmk‘yk?k üOioöšV??ia6–#ia6––ö??k ü
AvÖ?6–¶V??vÖ´¶V±?´¶Veoek¶_ ü AzoöÖekÂ:o‹ib?ö?Ki?kú? ü KaZ?‹iokË%a1KcVöV?¶k¶–° ü B?‚1k7$"#oúú? ü
?? ‚q?$ó0 ü?<° ü
A±pTK?,° ü Â9?¶V??|úKi'?–?Ëik ü ËikikKek$???V?ö–z–¸¶?<¶–° ü ?ikia9cvV+a´¶V¶=oO–°@¶–° ü Kikiö–ö9keavV#çia<¶‘?O–° ü ‹ike?cv– '–¸'io?šÖ¸?k ü Ë?ö?öÖ°@¶‘?ioKa‘v_?k ü
8ö–±?šV??–Úúa}o––±K–° ümkigek4ö–ea4av––ö›¶V° ü ?öÖ?©oek+moKe`G–´¶VöV±?? ü K?–?KmavV?±a–üýë–ö›?ž?¶–° ü Ki?q?a6ü¶áq??Zek?mo¶–° ü ?óO‚qóô$ š(3?? ? !ß E? uš? ?:?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????? ?D^??‰?? ?1?€!Ž/ ( ü?° ü
C??Â1A?A0\ ü ?6´rA>±–ZV± –?¸??A?? ü Ëe*V?–±?:Ö#i±?â6–'i??¶–° ü Ëe*Vmá<ac"!kek?o¶–° ü Ëc+maq6a|–;?šek?k?k ü Ëeb6V±Kio¶a2‹i?S?a?k¶–±‹–° ü Ëc± i?K–0?a>Öôv‘yk ¶V±‹–° ü Ëeb6V± ek(¶Ú$¶‘¶–?¶5o–? i?K–° ü Ëc± ek,úÖ?k?ü¶–#ioekAx¶–±K–° ü Áv›eb4¶’±A6a<¶V¶V? ek#ië‹–±Ke? ü ?v–¶VöV´ö’+aik–3ib?eg©k‹–±? ü K*a6Q)k?6k(a–ö?cVaü¶–° ü Kia¶o/8???!4"‚0@ú? ü A?°?A1?p„ ü? ü ?K 70?ô???Á°T ü Ëc/.?6??yavZVü¶’?k ¶–° ü Ëeb6VV±va±"V/ig©ki? ik¶–° ü Ëc/m?¸?‹a‘b6=oek¶–±‹ik ü Ëeb6V±Oia1Oai?"?v––±Ëi?O–° ü Ëc±–? i?2Ëekb‚v––±?–±‹–° ü Ëe*V± ek(¶–,¶–Öôúia9k ¶??k ü Ëe*V± ek(öa2 eaú?ý??öV? ik?k ü ?**á8¶V?6a1 i¶‘± ea4a6V'O–±Kek ü
9keoekKib±?6a?k–?e`G–öV¸?k ü Av–öVöV¸?V?A6Úö?ea??±)a6o‹?¶–° ü KavkÁ1?0ú?–bV?Zô?/?‹ik ü Oa83 #87??A°H ü ? !(3?? ? !ß ‹? u!?? ? µ???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????? ?D×_4‰?? ?5?€!7Ä? ,
ü4° ü?¸,Â0 ü ?ea:ü¶V?? ek?aµ?k ü ¶–?oi#–qk?k¶V#i±?ë ü¶–?kic± –± ea61a° ü–ygi'ec?k¶’9c0 ü?‘?‹i?V–ü¶›Ëi?_ üË`AkKea>Ö–Ki¸?a>Ö? ü 6Viio‹š–i¸¶‘¶–? ü?:–ek?? a´¶›O–? ü?:–ö›i?O?OekKekek ü 6V?kebü#mik–/ ü?:–¶Vö?[ËaÖ–ö?° üËcÖú&ü?a8ú" ü ô'  + ü$óAp? ü +bq ?(?ô? ü ¶V–––#¶V± ek?yavZV° ü öV?o–!k?k¶V!?a0 üöV?giaq‘a|?k¶‘6 ü eg–yoAyg&–± ii?/ üËcÖô¶›bö–Ki?¶V¶!? ü?G––ia?g‘v›‹ia?o ü 6Vi?Ëai¸¶V? üË`Aa9giö–ô¶‘v›i ü 6VöV¶V?+iayk–? ü?Gekiö–ë?ÖiöV? üË`Ak–bV?¶?O–bV° ü?k?q?¸7 %(3?? ? !ß 
? L%?? ?±????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????? ?D Z g‰?? ???€!C? ??

Sorry, thats 3 lines, didnt think it'd be that much, sorry.
But yeah.
(its a notepad)
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Master

It seems to be an IDX type (or something similar), since it defintely isn't a standard text-type subtitle, and file size is ~1.85MB (usually text based subtitles are only few KB).. To know the file type (not only the "Subtitle File" info, but the real extension), enable the files extensions to be visible (open a folder in Windows Explorer, select from the menu Tools, then Folder option, Display, and UNCHECK the option "Hide extensins for common file types").

One more thing: you don't need to pay for the Pro version to enable subtitles features (only the Edit Subtitles need a registration fee, but it's not your case).
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

K, here it goes..

bien-xvid-ff7.sub (.sub) im guessing thats it? o.O;;
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Master

Sub files can be handled by VobSub (and also converted with it to SRT files), hence I think BSplayer can manage it too...
If not, then (disable BSplayer VobSub feature?) use VobSub to load and view your subtitle (maybe rename the subtitle to have the same name of your Movie. eg: MovieName.avi and MovieName.sub. This way the subtitle should be loaded automatically). :?

Probably adicoto can provide better information since I don't use that kind of subtitles :P
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Ok, and whats this converting :?
I have no idea what you mean.
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

(It is the same name.. *sigh* im rebooting again to see if it'll help...)
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Master

Can you please upload the file?
As I've told before I don't use that kind of subtitles, so if you can provide me a copy of yours, I'll try to make them to work, or to provide you better explanations..

Otherways you have to wait for adicoto to reply to you
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Ohh, ok.

download from here:

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...K2L1P58OC2T2F9

Couldnt upload here o.O
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Master

Downloaded your file and.....
Do you know Japanese? Subtitles are in japanese language, so if you are not Japanese I'll suggest you to search the web (maybe it's better through P2P) for a translated version...

If you are able to read japanese and want to conver it, open "subresync.exe" from VobSub directory, then click on the "Open" button, select the .idx file (or alternatively the .sub one, the process is the same) and once the file is loaded press the "Save as..." button and choose an output format (I'll suggest you SRT which is supported by BSplayer), then you have to type every single letter (ideogram in this case) untill you have typed all the possible letters/ideograms for the subtitle, then VobSub will convert the following...
:P
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

damnit.. weird.. but oh well.. thanks tho
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Master

Rectification: you don't need to convert them, if you have subtitles with the same name as your movie name, they are correctly loaded (by VobSub, not yet tried with BSplayer internal VobSub feature)... But they still are in Japanese

(Note, rename the both of .idx and .sub files, finally you should have these three files in the same directory:
bien-xvid-ff7.avi
bien-xvid-ff7.idx
bien-xvid-ff7.sub)

Tags
add, subtitles