Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th November 2005
BS.player Regular User

Loopdemack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Again strange bug with pan-scan size in full screen 1.36 825

Again I found a bug in pan-scan picture size in full screen.

Play any avi video file, switch it to the full screen, and with "-" key, pan-it out to some minus percentage size, like -9 or -10%.
Now close that avi file, and than open any other avi file, switch it to the full screen, you will see that video size is paned-in by the same percentage but in opposite pan direction, like +9 or +10% in Pan-in size.
You can check, pan size percentage in full screen with "-" and "+" keys. Check the osd values.

I'm asking BSplayer team, is there any chance that you can correct this pan-scan bugs in any future version, and please don't ignore my posts.

If you don't understand explanation and reproduction of this bug, please ask me, and I will explain it even better, but don't ignore this.

We talked about this problem on some other forum and we found over 50 users which vouch and acknowledge for this bug, on many platforms and on different hardware, Matrox, Ati, Nvidia on many operating systems with lots of different drivers.

Please just tell us do you plan to fix this bug.
Old 25th November 2005
BS.player Regular User

Loopdemack is an unknown quantity at this point

Temporal fix for this problem is (but only if you messed pan-scan values and if you use a lot "-" and "+", and you dont wont to reset the values all the time, than use this solution, till the bsplay team fix this bug):

Be sure that you have enabled "remember pan-Scan settings" and "remember movie windows size".
Play all types of video files like:avi, vob, mkv, mpg and so, and for each of them, press reset the pan-scan value with numerical number key "5".
Because if you messed some types of containers with plus or minus pan-scan values, you will messed the values in xml profile file, by resetting all pan-scan values you will set the correct first start pan-scan position values.
Now unchecked "remember pan-Scan settings" and "remember movie windows size" in bsplayer settings.
Now you will have normal start values to pan-scan size 0%, now you can mess with minus and plus pan-scan values, and it will not make any difference in next played file. Its a pity that you want have those two good functions in bsplayer, but you will have a god pan-scan values.

If you don't use - and + pan-scan functions at all in any condition, you don't need to change anything because you will not suffer because of this bug.
But if you use a lot - and + pan-scan values, this is the only solution.

Tags
full, panscan, size, strange