Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1st May 2008
BS.Player Newbie

dodgey9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "open directory" audio sync

First of all I would like to say that you can open a directory of sequentially numbered files and bsplayer essentially merges them internally is pretty cool because I don't know if anything else does that.

However I've been having a problem with series of quicktime h264 mp4 files going out of sync. The more files it plays the more out of sync they are, and the sets are of 6 files each. If played individually this does not happen. I'm using coreavc and I think coreaac for them, but I can change that of course.

If it helps I can even say where they are from. If a member nakednews allows you to download their progams, the multiple files are segments.

But, they are just quicktime h264 files that play fine otherwise so I don't see why thats relevant other than to say, being able to open all of them at once and being able to bookmark a spot without having to remember which file number I'm on, is exactly what I was looking for.

thanks for the great app and the help.
Old 1st May 2008
BS.Player Newbie

A brief follow-up ... I tried to do this again and it didn't merge them into one period of time but rather played them as seperate files with of course seperate time totals. Now I wonder what I did differently or whatever.
Old 1st May 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Ok I guess I need to correct myself again. I think I may have used mkvmerge to merge the files already and this may have caused the problem, because I did it again and something similar happened.

However, now you know I guess this is a feature I would like to see bsplayer have if it doesn't already ... when opening a directory, display the time of the entire directory so you can bookmark anywhere in it.

Or, just make it so if you do open directory and you create a bookmark, have it bookmark the spot in the directory, not just in the file you are currently on.

thanks.

Tags
audio, open directory, sync